Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFE received for medical exam only for one applicant but not for the dependent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE received for medical exam only for one applicant but not for the dependent?

Hey, firs time posting here.

I'm applying for the green card through EB-1A category. We got the I-140 approved and submitted I-485 and did the interview. We have been waiting for the case to be approved since our priority date became current recently.

I just received a Request for Initial Evidence letter from USCIS asking for an updated I-693 (medical exam form). The confusing thing is that only the primary applicant received the RFE letter. My wife is the dependent applicant but she did not receive the RFE and her case still has not been updated since the interview.

When we interviewed at the field office last year, we dropped the medical exam form to the interview officer. So I felt my case and my wife's cases are together and I'm not sure why only I received the RFE??

I'll do another medical exam ASAP obviously. My question is should my wife preemptively also do another medical exam and include it in the RFE response?

Each case is separate. She will definitely get an RFE as well. I suggest you both get the medical completed.
    Send yours with the RFE and hold off on her's till she gets the notice.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post
      Each case is separate. She will definitely get an RFE as well. I suggest you both get the medical completed.
      Send yours with the RFE and hold off on her's till she gets the notice.
      thanks for the comment.

I did mine and we'll see if she got hers.. honestly, i felt that it's a mistake that I even got an RFE. Our medical exam we dropped off at the interview are supposed to be valid for both and the officer either didn't see it or they lost it..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X