Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next once your Final Action Date becomes current

All,

What are the next steps once your Priority Date becomes current for Final Action as per Visa Bulletin?

August bulletin advanced Final Action Date for EB1C India by 7 Months. I am assuming any work on newly current cases will start from August 1. How much time it takes to complete any remaining processing and issue the GC?

Thank You!
    Last edited by ymukesh; 07-28-2020, 07:08 PM.

USCIS follows a first in first out process (whenever possible). So your documents submitted during the initial submission will now be assigned to case officers. Perhaps another review and if a visa number is available, they will assign it to your case. That triggers the greencard approval and card production.
    If there is no visa number available when it is being reviewed, then its status quo.
    Newly submitted cases go to the back of the line.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post
      USCIS follows a first in first out process (whenever possible). So your documents submitted during the initial submission will now be assigned to case officers. Perhaps another review and if a visa number is available, they will assign it to your case. That triggers the greencard approval and card production.
      If there is no visa number available when it is being reviewed, then its status quo.
      Newly submitted cases go to the back of the line.
      If Medical has already been submitted and Interview completed 2 year back, will USCIS go through the file again or just approve the case and issue the card?

is short staffed USCIS causing any delays in the approval process - anyone who became current as part of June or July bulletin- what is your progress after that?

Comment

I-693 (medical) is valid for 2 yrs from the date USCIS gave you the receipt. So you can do the calculation to determine if it has been 2 yrs. If yes, you will get an RFE for another medical.

Short staffing is going to affect case review. If visa numbers remain at the end of the month, then will spill over into the next month.
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

My final action date became current on August 1. Today, I got the good news that my card had been sent for printing and that I should receive my card in the next 30 days.

My medical and all other documents had been submitted about a year back.

Comment

Originally posted by vsanturkar View Post
            My final action date became current on August 1. Today, I got the good news that my card had been sent for printing and that I should receive my card in the next 30 days.

Congrats! What was your PD? And had you had any interview?

Comment

Congrats!! Same Q - What was your PD?

Comment

Congrtulations...What a happy moment, right? PD and Category?

Comment

I am on the same boat. My final action date became current on Aug 1, the last action was on Feb 2020, USCIS received the response to my RFE for birth certificate related issue. my PD is Feb 2019.

Comment

Did someone get the news of GC being produced after PD becoming current in July or August?

Comment

Originally posted by ymukesh View Post
                      Did someone get the news of GC being produced after PD becoming current in July or August?
                      User vsanturkar PD became current August 1st and the status changed on August 4th, see post #5.
                      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                      ---
                      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Just got an update today (Aug 21) that "New Card being Produced" after the PD became current in August. EB1C - Dec 29, 2017 was the PD.

Comment

Originally posted by Anand KR View Post
                          Just got an update today (Aug 21) that "New Card being Produced" after the PD became current in August. EB1C - Dec 29, 2017 was the PD.
                          Congratulations! Thank you for updating this thread. I am EB3 with PD Feb 2019, so its gonna take a while for me if they are following first in first out process.

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone suggest what are the options i have, below is my current situation

1) I have approved i-140 in EB1 C
                            2) I expect my priority date will be current by October 1st
                            3) My current I-94 was expired on 08/23 and I applied for my L1a extension in normal processing
                            4) I don't want to move to premium and I am assuming it will take more than 6 months to get any status on my extension
                            5) My spouse and kid got struck in India and their L2 visa got expired on 08/23

I am looking for clarifications on the below questions

1) Can i file I-485 while my family is not currently in USA
                            2) What are the options I have to bring back my family while my i-485 is in progress
                            3) What will happen if my L1A extension got denied and i-485 is in progress

Thanks in advance

Comment

I just want to update that I received the status update, New Card Is Being Produced

My PD is Feb 2019, EB3 the rest of the world. My date became current in August 2020.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X