X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1-EA or Eb2-NIW

Hi Guys,
    I need a recommendation/advice.

I came to US in 2008 from India, did my masters, and from 2011, have been employed with various companies, with work ranging
    from Audio to video Signal processing. I have I-140 with March 2016 priority data from my previous employment.

I have 2 IEEE conferences, 1 journal, 1 book publication (2010-2011) and 1 poster presentation,1 IEEE conference submitted(2020) .
    I joined a University as a Research engineer (H1b) few months back, and hope to get few more publications by early next year.

I have two queries:
    1. I was thinking about applying for Eb2-NIW , but I was of the impression that if approved, path to Green card would be similar to Eb1. Is this not correct? ? I mean, if I get I-140 fast due to Eb2-NIW , and rest of the process for i-485 would still take many years( if priority date for Indians in Eb2-NIW category takes same time to become current as EB2), then, What do I gain from an approved Eb2-NIW application?
    2. What would be my chances for an approved Eb1? and what is the wait time for that for Indians?

Thank You
    sedy

You might run into some issues with EB2 NIW because the priority date is not current. Also, I did an analysis of the number of citations that were recently approved and I am not sure if you've enough citations.

Comment

Originally posted by panu_2014 View Post
      Hi Guys,
      I need a recommendation/advice.

I came to US in 2008 from India, did my masters, and from 2011, have been employed with various companies, with work ranging
      from Audio to video Signal processing. I have I-140 with March 2016 priority data from my previous employment.

I have 2 IEEE conferences, 1 journal, 1 book publication (2010-2011) and 1 poster presentation,1 IEEE conference submitted(2020) .
      I joined a University as a Research engineer (H1b) few months back, and hope to get few more publications by early next year.

I have two queries:
      1. I was thinking about applying for Eb2-NIW , but I was of the impression that if approved, path to Green card would be similar to Eb1. Is this not correct? ? I mean, if I get I-140 fast due to Eb2-NIW , and rest of the process for i-485 would still take many years( if priority date for Indians in Eb2-NIW category takes same time to become current as EB2), then, What do I gain from an approved Eb2-NIW application?
      2. What would be my chances for an approved Eb1? and what is the wait time for that for Indians?

Thank You
      sedy
      If you are Indian, then yes EB2-NIW is of no use to you, since it does not improve your wait time compared to EB2.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X