Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Date discrepancy

Hi,

I submitted service request for me and my wife right after our priority date became current. We got a USCIS response within 5 days, For me it was all ok and provided all correct information but for my wife who's Priority Date is based on my 485 and it clearly shows its Mar 2010 on the receipt, the USCIS response said "There are currently no visas available to process your I-485 application. Your priority date, March 17, 2012, is later than the cut-off date". Since then I'm trying to connect to USCIS but the Agents on Phone or Chat unable to understand my question and keep providing me Filing date/Received date as priority date. But no one is able tell what is exact Priority Date listed for this form.

My question is, should I be worried about it? What should I do as a next step to verify this information? This whole thing is very strange and Agents dont even know whats Priority Date is

My guess is that they received the I-485 on March 17, 2012 and the officer that reviewed your case used that date instead of Mar 2010 PD. I don't think the phone/chat officers will check the real PD because that depends on your case.

Sometimes this things happen, I hope you get your GC soon and the officer with your case also approves your wife's GC at the same time. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Enub4 Thanks for the quick response, I hope that is just officer's mistake and nothing wrong in the application. I really hope everything goes smoothly, its been more than a decade we waited for this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X