Drive’s License while I-485 pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive’s License while I-485 pending

Good evening everyone. I am sure this topic already came up under some shape or form before. I current have an approved I-140 filled by employer, and filled I-485 concurrently (August 6th 2020). Also already received approved EAD and parole. Both already expired on 11/11/21, but i can continue my employment as a renewal was submitted under same category (C09). So far so good; my problem is the DMV in Louisiana won’t renew my driver’s license. They alledge they need some documentation with a expiration date. They also use SAVE, and they say they can’t verify my status. I already contacted local lawyers and the company law firm but no answers provided. I am sure mu SAVE status is not updated. How can we be allowed to stay in the US but not able to drive? It does not make sense, its a kafkaesque situation. Any one with experience or that can provide counseling would be enormously appreciated. I imagine SAVE status can be somehow changed, but no idea how to proceed. Thank you.

This document seems to say that I-485 applicants are eligible for driver's license in Louisiana. I am not sure if there is a limit to the amount of time after the I-485 filing where they will still accept the receipt as evidence of pending I-485, however.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for researching this. I took this exact document with me and showed the DMV clerk, but they still said they have to check SAVE. So it did not really work. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X