Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting new company office in the US and moving in as the CEO

Hello,

I am a director of the UK based company with 54 employees. I would like to start a US branch of my company and I would move to the US to start a business personally.

I was able to see that for me to come to the US and get Green Card, my route would probably be:

1. Opening the US company
    2. Coming to work for the company on L1A visa
    3. Switching to EB1C visa
    4. Obtaining Green Card

Can you please let me know the following:

1. If I register new company, will I immediately be able to apply for my L1A visa?
    2. Assuming that I register company and immediately apply for L1A, how long do I have to wait to switch to EB1C?
    3. I will probably need some time to find our offices and set up everything before we can start trading. Is this (starting to trade probably months after registering company) important for either L1A, EB1C or Green Card?
    4. Are here any important things I should be aware in this process?

Thanks,
    Mark

Hi Member,

Happy New Year!!

Please see my response below.

1. If I register new company, will I immediately be able to apply for my L1A visa?
    Answer: Yes. But you will need to meet basic L1 requirements. Main and basic requirement is, worked or working in same entity in foreign country for minimum one year. Along with that, you will need some more additional documents in order to apply for L1 status such as Business plans, lease agreements, Org plans, Hierarchy etc..

2. Assuming that I register company and immediately apply for L1A, how long do I have to wait to switch to EB1C?
    Answer: Once you get L1A status, you can start processing GC immediately. Again you will need to meet basic requirements for the same.

3. I will probably need some time to find our offices and set up everything before we can start trading. Is this (starting to trade probably months after registering company) important for either L1A, EB1C or Green Card?
    Answer: Of course. As per my knowledge, initially for this kind of business associating to L1A, they will approve petition for one year. During this time, you will need to set up everything and showing business progress in order to extend your non immigrant status further.

4. Are here any important things I should be aware in this process?
    Answer: I would recommend you to hire immigration Attorney for further process and understanding better way for smooth filing.

All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi rkk09,

Thank you so much for such detailed answer! You've helped me a lot with this.

Just two more questions:

1. Will it be the issue that I am both the owner and the director of the company? Basically, this means that I am personally deciding on behalf of company to send myself to the USA. I have been the director for a number of years, so that part is fine, but I don' know if this can be an issue since I am basically deciding to create employment for myself in the USA.

2. Do you have any recommendations for the immigration Attorneys?

Thanks once again for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by smith45gao750
        Oh, that's pretty impressive! I'm planning to open my own startup, and hopefully, I can manage to become just as successful and start branches as well. For now, I'm on the stage of developing a website, do you have any tips? I've already decided what would be better in web development, but maybe you can give me some details that I might miss?
        Your post is a little bit vague. Are you trying to come to the US as a software developer?

Comment

Starting a new company office in the US and taking on the role of CEO is an exciting and challenging endeavor. Here are some steps and considerations to keep in mind as you embark on this journey:
          1. Market Research and Analysis: Conduct thorough market research to understand the demand for your product or service in the US. Analyze your competitors, target audience, and potential growth opportunities.
          2. Business Plan: Develop a comprehensive business plan for your company's goals, strategies, financial projections, and operational details. This plan will serve as a roadmap for your company's growth and success.
          3. Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Register your company with the appropriate state and federal authorities. Obtain any necessary licenses, permits, or certifications required to operate legally in the US. Consult with legal and financial experts to ensure compliance with tax and regulatory obligations.

Comment

Hello! It's great that you're considering expanding to the US. Registering the company is a good first step. For L1A, your company needs to be operational, but trading might not be immediate. Timing to switch to EB1C can vary, typically after a year on L1A. Office setup matters for L1A and EB1C, demonstrating substantial operations. Consulting an immigration attorney is crucial for a smooth process and any nuances. Best of luck!

Comment

As the CEO, launching a new company office in the US requires strategic planning and consideration. Streamlining operations with poc software can facilitate effective project management, collaboration, and efficient decision-making. I know it from my own experience. My advice is to embrace the opportunity to lead, nurture relationships, and leverage technology to drive success in your new venture.
              Last edited by BNic; 08-23-2023, 06:17 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X