Validity of Travel Stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity of Travel Stamp

My aunt had her permanent green card approved but was not physically in her hand. So we decided to get an Info pass and get her travel approval stamped. That was given for 6 months.

She had to extend her stay for family reasons beyond 6 months in India. Now, that she has her green card, does the validity of stamp get annulled? And she can travel back after 6 months on green card?

Thanks

The stamp was I 551 for travelling.

Comment

My guess is that if your aunt has the GC on hand, there will be no problems returning.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Temporary evidence of permanent resident status (I-551 stamp) is valid for a period of 6 months to 1 year from the date of issuance.

If your passport is due to expire before that time, then the I-551 stamp validity will mostly be set until the expiration date of the passport.

Comment

Thanks. I will check with her and post. If hypothetically, it was 6 months only, Can her GreenCard (which now she has in her hand) be used to travel next time to US?

Comment

Originally posted by arangoon View Post
            Thanks. I will check with her and post. If hypothetically, it was 6 months only, Can her GreenCard (which now she has in her hand) be used to travel next time to US?
            yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Yes. Absolutely no doubts should exist in traveling on a valid GC.

if the I-551 stamp was just for 6 month duration GC may be the safer/hassle free option in this particular case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X