Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140

Hi All,

My friend 's Labor is cleared today. The company that applied for his Green Card has done it as a Future Employment Case. His current 6 years H1 period ended and he is leaving to India today. Since his current employer did not file for his Green Card, he had no other option.

Now, can his future employer file for his I140 when he is in India and then apply for H1 extension?

Kindly reply to my quesry ASAP. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Sure can. They can file I140 he can come back as soon as the I140 is approved in premium processing (in 2 weeks), obtain a H1b extension (another 2 weeks in premium).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response.

Will he need pay check from his future employer when filingf or I1-140?

Comment

Paycheck is only to overcome the ability to pay issues. If the employer has good revenue and can prove they have the $$ to pay the employee, a paycheck is not needed.

Most smaller consulting companies show loss on tax returns. Such companies have a hard time to get the I140 approved as they have to show revenue or $$ in the bank to prove they can pay the employee.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks for your quick replies.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X