Can I expedite my Green card process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I expedite my Green card process?

My I-140 petition has been approved with my current employer and my priority date is 2022, but due to the significant backlog for applicants from India (my birth country), it may take approximately 10 years or more to progress to the stage where I can apply for a Green Card (Form I-485). Additionally, I am receiving survivor benefits for my son following the passing of my husband and I'm encountering various issues to get those benefits since I'm on a visa.. I'm wondering if there are any avenues to expedite the processing of my Green Card application based on these circumstances. Would it be possible to request the Social Security Administration (SSA) or any options to advocate for expediting my case with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) ? None of us, including myself, my son, and my late husband, are U.S. citizens. Thanks in advance.​

What do you mean by "encountering various issues to get those benefits"? Do the rules say that you are eligible for those benefits in your current status? If you are eligible in your current status, and you are just encountering bureaucratic issues, then you should get help with resolving those issues instead, instead of seeking to expedite I-485.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X