Employer refusing to file green card/Labor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer refusing to file green card/Labor problem

My company is refusing to file for my green card.

I am working on H1-B as a full timer in USA in IT field. They are arguing that that the job description requires bachelors degree plus 5 yrs of experience at the minimum. And at the time of joining the company I had only 2 yrs and 7 months of relevant experience.

But I also have masters degree in computer science from India and a certificate to prove its equivalency to a MS degree in Computers in USA. Can I prove that masters degree with 2+ years of experience is equivalent to Bachelors with 5 years of experience? My 2+ years of experience is in IT field and masters degree is also in computer science.

Basically my company needs to prove to USCIS that I satisfied the mimimum conditions to be qualified for the job at the time of joining the company.

1. Does USCIS has any standards in this reagrd? Do they publish somewhere that masters degree in a relevant field is worth "X" years of experience. I can show that to my employees attorny to convince her.

2. What documents I need to provide so that masters degree can be counted towards some number years of experience.

Any help in this regard will be helpful.

Can experts or anyone else who faced a similar situation give their perspective on my situation.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X