Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC question....pls advise

Hi,

my eb2 pd will be current next month(per the June 2011 bulletin). when can I expect USCIS to mail my perm resident card?
    reason for asking, my current h1b expires this Sep. do i need to apply for an extension in June/July or wait for the GC without any worries ?

experts, please advise.

TIA.

Depends on lot of factors and no one can tell when USCIS will act on a current petition. I know people that have waited for 6 or more months even after being current to get the GC email.

To be safe, wait till late August and apply under premium processing or simply use the EAD instead. I would use the EAD than worry about H1b extension at this point in time if you are confident that GC will be approved and have never violated any laws or status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thx for the quick response txh1.

I am shocked to hear that GC wait time can go upto 6 months or more.
      and yes, I have always maintained a clean (legal)status, so I am +ve about the GC approval to go through fine.

I do not have an ead, but can I wait until early August and then apply for an h1b extension via premium prcsing, is 1 month enough time to apply ?

Comment

1 month is good enough for premium processing.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X