Birth Certificate for Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate for Green Card

I would like to know if the birth certificate should have the name in the following format when we submit it for Green Card Processing.

First Name Last Name.

Is it ok if we use the Indian format which is father's initial followed by your name? For eg

R. ABC

In case, the birth certificate is issued in the above format, is that a problem? Or should we include any additional documentation. BTW, that's how I have my birth certificate issued in India. Even my parents names are in the same format in the birth certificate.

Originally posted by annapoorna123 View Post
    I would like to know if the birth certificate should have the name in the following format when we submit it for Green Card Processing.

First Name Last Name.

Is it ok if we use the Indian format which is father's initial followed by your name? For eg

R. ABC

In case, the birth certificate is issued in the above format, is that a problem? Or should we include any additional documentation. BTW, that's how I have my birth certificate issued in India. Even my parents names are in the same format in the birth certificate.
    The Birth certificate is Indian, so it should follow Indian Format ( keep it original); the Green Card is American, so the format should follow USA regulations: First Name and Last Name. Nothing to worry about, USCIS is aware of these laws. Just don't change anything! Good luck!
    Last edited by freecontributor; 08-15-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X