Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB-2 for Polytechnic Diploma Holders

Hello,

My organization is currently filing my GC and am wondering if am eligible for EB-2.
    I have a 3year Polytechnic Diploma in Electronics after 10th (10+3) and have 13 years of relevant experience.My current job required 5+years of experience and 4year Bachelors degree.
    My education evaluation for H1B shows 3year Diploma + 6 year experience equates to Bachelors Degree in US.IS the same applicable for GC and does that make me eligible for EB-2.
    Appreciate all your advice and reponse.
    Thanks You.

Jiths.

Yes
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot..

Regds
      Jiths

Comment

Green Card for Polytechnic Diploma Holders

Originally posted by jiths View Post
        Thanks a lot..

Regds
        Jiths
        Hello,

Even i am same situation. I have 3 Years Diploma in Computer Science with 14 Years of experience. My company has used the experience for getting the H1B. Now company is trying to apply for GC. But, as per the lawyer, i am not eligible for EB-2. Only EB-3 is possible, but that is also rejection chances of PERM application is more it seems. As per the educational evalution, diploma is not even equivalent to US's associated degree.

Please let me know if you have any updated on your Green Card processing.

Thanks & Regards,
        Praveen.

Comment

Originally posted by praveensattur View Post
          Hello,

Even i am same situation. I have 3 Years Diploma in Computer Science with 14 Years of experience. My company has used the experience for getting the H1B. Now company is trying to apply for GC. But, as per the lawyer, i am not eligible for EB-2. Only EB-3 is possible, but that is also rejection chances of PERM application is more it seems. As per the educational evalution, diploma is not even equivalent to US's associated degree.

Please let me know if you have any updated on your Green Card processing.

Thanks & Regards,
          Praveen.
          One can have many years of experience but in order to be eligible for EB2 one has to have 4 Years continuous bachelor's education. Without a 4 years continuous graduation education a EB2 eligibility is very very difficult.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
            Yes I know that EB2 is not possible. My employer got my educational eval and diploma plus experience is equivalent to associatr degree which is alright for EB3 skilled category. Want to know what are the chances of getting approved.
            Please let me know if anybody have an idwa abt the situation

Comment

EB2 or EB3 Eligibilty for Diploma Holders

Hello ImmiHelp,

I am Double Diploma after my 10+2 i.e. I did 3 years Diploma in Computer Engineering and a Two Year Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application. I also have 14 years of experience in IT Industry. I am currently in US on H1B since last 2.5 years. My company did Credit Evaluation in 2013 during my H!B Processing and the College Professor from a renowned University evaluated my education and Experience and mentioned it that all this is Equivalent to a Bachelors Degree from US.

Considering I have 10+2+3+2=17 years of education and 14 years of IT experience ,am I eligible for EB2 Category or EB3 Category Green Card Processing. Your advise will be very helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

EB2 or EB3 Eligibilty for Diploma Holders

Hi ImmiHelp,

My organization is currently filing my GC and am wondering if am eligible for EB-2/EB-3
                I have a 3 years Polytechnic Diploma in Electronics after 10th (10+3) and have 14 +years of relevant experience.My current job required 5+years of experience and 3 year Bachelors degree.
                My education evaluation for H1B shows 3 years Diploma + 6 year experience equates to Bachelors Degree in US.IS the same applicable for GC and does that make me eligible for EB-2/EB-3.
                Appreciate all your advice and response.

Thanks & Regards,
                Srinivas

Comment

Originally posted by pallasr View Post
                  Hi ImmiHelp,

My organization is currently filing my GC and am wondering if am eligible for EB-2/EB-3
                  I have a 3 years Polytechnic Diploma in Electronics after 10th (10+3) and have 14 +years of relevant experience.My current job required 5+years of experience and 3 year Bachelors degree.
                  My education evaluation for H1B shows 3 years Diploma + 6 year experience equates to Bachelors Degree in US.IS the same applicable for GC and does that make me eligible for EB-2/EB-3.
                  Appreciate all your advice and response.

Thanks & Regards,
                  Srinivas
                  Hello Pallasr,

If you obtained your years of experience after the diploma and your diploma is considered a bachelors in the us, Then you can apply for EB-2 under the requirement Bach + 5 years of experience. Only make sure that you don't count the years of experience at the current role for which you are applying for the GC. Current role does not count towards experience for the application (At least this is what my lawyers told me when I applied for EB-2). Also the experience must be in the field of your diploma. This means that the experience can't be in an unrelated subject.

I hope it helps
                  EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
                  - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
                  - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
                  - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
                  - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
                  - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
                  - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
                  - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
                  - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
                  - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
                  (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X