Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On L1 and another employer willing to sponsor GC

Hi

I am on L1 A visa for the last two years and another company is willing to sponsor my Green Card. I need to know the following:

1. Can the new employer sponsor my GC inspite of the fact that I remain on the L1 visa with the old employer till this process is completed?

2. In case this can happen, will I still be eligile for the EB 1 category or will the new employer need to first sponsor me for an H visa as well and then sponsor me on anther relevant category such as EB 2.

3. Any other things I should be considerate of.

Thanks,

1. Yes.
    2. No EB1 unless you otherwise qualify. No need for another H1. They should file the petition in the cagetory they require for the job you will be doing for them after you get the greencard.
    3. That is a generic and open ended question.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your response. Is it ok for me to assume that I wont need to leave the country and go for Counsellor Processing and my AOS can be done while I am in the States? In a nutshell, I wont need to leave the country to get my process completed.

Comment

Hi - Just a new clarification... my situation has changed a little now. I may not be working for the same company that has sponsored my L1A in another 2 months time. If my new employer is willing to sponsor my green card, and I also quit my current job, will I still be able to stay on in the US and work for the new employer with the condition that my GC has been filed? My current I-94 is valid until Jul 2013.
        ============================================================ ==============

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
        1. Yes.
        2. No EB1 unless you otherwise qualify. No need for another H1. They should file the petition in the cagetory they require for the job you will be doing for them after you get the greencard.
        3. That is a generic and open ended question.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio79 View Post
          Hi

I am on L1 A visa for the last two years and another company is willing to sponsor my Green Card. I need to know the following:

1. Can the new employer sponsor my GC inspite of the fact that I remain on the L1 visa with the old employer till this process is completed?

2. In case this can happen, will I still be eligile for the EB 1 category or will the new employer need to first sponsor me for an H visa as well and then sponsor me on anther relevant category such as EB 2.

3. Any other things I should be considerate of.

Thanks,
          Apologize to dig up an old thread. Im in a similar situation where

I am on L1A for 1 year and there is another company 'B' who is willing to sponsor my GC.
          I'd like to know while my GC is being processed by Employer B can i continue to work for employer A until it gets approved. Will Employer A get to know about employer B filing GC for me?

Comment

L1 to GC

Originally posted by blinkjona View Post
            Apologize to dig up an old thread. Im in a similar situation where

I am on L1A for 1 year and there is another company 'B' who is willing to sponsor my GC.
            I'd like to know while my GC is being processed by Employer B can i continue to work for employer A until it gets approved. Will Employer A get to know about employer B filing GC for me?

Hi Scorpio79, blinkjona, By Any chance did you get any response to your query. Could you manage to process your GC through another employer. Any inputs will help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X