Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 Eligibility Help required - URGENT

Hi,
    My case may be little confusing. I am currently in L1B visa and maxing out my 5 years by Sept of 2012. I got promoted as manager last year. Initial plan was to convert my L1B visa to L1A but my company said that L1A category rules have been changed recently and we need to have big team handled in US, at least 1 year of Manager experience outside US and also should have given promotion performance ratings to set of peoples. unfortunately, i was end up as being not eligible for L1.

Now my HR is ready to apply for Green card. But he is saying that my case will be in EB3. I don't understand why. my current title is Manager QA; He is asking min of 6years experience prior to my current company. He also says that GC process will not consider current company experience (????). I asked him, what if the employee has 15 years of experience in current company and has only 2years in previous, he still says that person is not eligible for EB2 category. I don't believe it, but I am not sure either. I am seeking for your help.

. I have total of 10years experience (5.5years current company +4.5years previous).
    . I am a B.E (computer science) degree holder. 4 years degree and has a certification authorizing that it is equivalent for US 4yrs course.

Please help me on this case and let me know if i am eligible for EB2 category. if not, help me to understand why.

appreciate your help...

Thanks,
    Bala

In most cases, you can't your experience in your current company, unless the job responsibilities are totally different or a totally different kind of job.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      In most cases, you can't your experience in your current company, unless the job responsibilities are totally different or a totally different kind of job.

You are saying, I am not eligible for EB2 category then?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X