Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevailing Wage Question

Hello Gurus,

My company applied to get Prevailing Wage for my position. The lawyers did not tell me the prevailing wage but I downloaded the prevailing wage file disclousre list from uscis website and figured out the prevailing wage.The prevailing wage rate mentioned is $xxxxxx.x and the level as Level IV. I think uscis gives wages in 4 levels but in this file only one was mentioned. Does this mean that I should be getting level 4 salary once i get my greencard irrespective of the preference category in which perm/i-140 is filed? What is the minimum wage level for EB2?

Gurus, pls help me out.

Thanks and Regards.

Your question isn't very clear, and also looks like you're a bit confused about what the "prevailing wage" means.

But in any case - in order for your petition to be LEGAL, your company should be paying you AT OR ABOVE the prevailing wage NOW - ie, if you're making LESS than that, you shouldn't. As you understand, this is to protect the local job market/citizens/residents. Otherwise, everyone would bring an employee from country X, apply for his/her residence - but paying him/her way below what they would have to, would they "hire local".

Once you're a resident, of course your company is free to renegotiate your salary DOWN - or UP.

In any case - if you're not being paid that, or above that, you're in trouble.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X