No announcement yet.

Green Card for parent of a US citizen..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card for parent of a US citizen..

Hallo everyone !!
    First, thanks for all your past post and sharing all the info. There has been many times that I was able fo find out the required info by looking it up here!

Now let me get to my question:

My mother entered the US on a visitors visa from Germany. While visiting us, my husbands military retirement was postponed and we were in a little bit of a crunch with me working full time as well and having two school age children. Well, my mother decided to file for her green card to be able to help us out. We have filed a I 130 and I 485 on April 19. Almost exactlly a month later we received notice that the case has been transfered to CA and shortly after that the biometrics app came, which was June 6th. So far so good... that is the last we have heared. Last week I have now put in a request to check on our status and we received a general letter saying that some cases require more review and that it might take another 6 month to hear more updates. Frustrating !!
    My grandmother is still living in Germany and my Mom is really nervous about her mothers medical condition. I did not think that the case will take that long.. is there any way my Mom can travel to Germany while waiting without having to apply for the I131, which takes up to 3 month itself, from what I read...
    I am really thankful that we can apply for my Mom, but it is really frustrating.. My mom is retired, has her own income in Germany, my husband is retired from 22 years active duty and I work full time as well. I am not sure what the hold up would be !! Any suggestions, help !??
    Also, what is my mothers immigration status while waiting?
    Thank you !!

Originally posted by ericnli View Post
    Hallo everyone !!
    First, thanks for all your past post and sharing all the info. There has been many times that I was able fo find out the required info by looking it up here!

Now let me get to my question:

My mother entered the US on a visitors visa from Germany. While visiting us, my husbands military retirement was postponed and we were in a little bit of a crunch with me working full time as well and having two school age children. Well, my mother decided to file for her green card to be able to help us out. We have filed a I 130 and I 485 on April 19. Almost exactlly a month later we received notice that the case has been transfered to CA and shortly after that the biometrics app came, which was June 6th. So far so good... that is the last we have heared. Last week I have now put in a request to check on our status and we received a general letter saying that some cases require more review and that it might take another 6 month to hear more updates. Frustrating !!
    My grandmother is still living in Germany and my Mom is really nervous about her mothers medical condition. I did not think that the case will take that long.. is there any way my Mom can travel to Germany while waiting without having to apply for the I131, which takes up to 3 month itself, from what I read...
    I am really thankful that we can apply for my Mom, but it is really frustrating.. My mom is retired, has her own income in Germany, my husband is retired from 22 years active duty and I work full time as well. I am not sure what the hold up would be !! Any suggestions, help !??
    Also, what is my mothers immigration status while waiting?
    Thank you !!
    Your mother can go back to Germany while waiting for her interview & immigrant visa. But you have to inform NVC that she will now do consular processing instead of adjustment of status.
    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
    Imran123 = Aug 2003
    butter = Nov 23, 2003