Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about AOS please help!

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am in the US on a student visa and I've been here since last June. I met my husband soon after (in August) and we got married this May.

1) When we got married they asked me whether I wanted to take his name and I initially said no. But I changed my mind. Is that going to be a problem that they didn't check that box on the marriage certificate? ( when they were filing out a form that accompanied it) Also where should I start with changing my name? Should I fill out the AoS under new name?

2) We live at a place month to month and we don't have a lease. Will this be a problem? Our landlord refuses to write us anything!

3) Is there a problem that we got married in Vegas and are only dating such a short time? We are really I love and we just knew that's why everything happened so fast.

4) How many times do I need to fill out that form to authorize email/phone number communication that's not mandatory to go with each form. Since it's only usually signed by one person. Who's name should be on it?

I'm super stressing about this. Maybe you guys could tell me if there is something I really need to look or for!! Thanks so much in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X