I-864 withdrawal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 withdrawal

I have signed the I864, but I would like to withdraw it as some things happened in the meantime. I'm still in touch with the sponsored person that assures me not to withdraw the I864 so he can get a work permit so that I wait until the inteview when he will hand out to the officer new i864 as he will find another sponsor in a meanwhile.

Does this sounds right? Can be done in that way

Another option is that he withdays his i485 and filles another, with a different sponsor, but he is loosing a time in that case and I feel responsible for the issue.

I have heard that noticing USIC in writting to withdraw that I-864 doesn't necessarily means that USCIS will get that notice

What would you do?

Submitting an I-864 to sponsor an immigrant is a very serious step, and once taken it cannot be withdrawn without evidence of possible fraud or cancellation by the applicant for his immigration-related benefit.

Anyway, that's the way I understand it.

I've found it very difficult to enlist co-sponsors for people I help with paperwork. I've lost count of the time a committed co-sponsor backed out after reading the I-864 instructions or after realizing that it was time to sign the paper.

Your question was..."What would you do?" I wouldn't tell someone I would be a sponsor unless I fully intended to follow through. But before that, I wouldn't be a sponsor for anyone but close family members for whom I already had a family obligation.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Misterno7 View Post
    I have signed the I864, but I would like to withdraw it as some things happened in the meantime. I'm still in touch with the sponsored person that assures me not to withdraw the I864 so he can get a work permit so that I wait until the inteview when he will hand out to the officer new i864 as he will find another sponsor in a meanwhile.

Does this sounds right? Can be done in that way

Another option is that he withdays his i485 and filles another, with a different sponsor, but he is loosing a time in that case and I feel responsible for the issue.

I have heard that noticing USIC in writting to withdraw that I-864 doesn't necessarily means that USCIS will get that notice

What would you do?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X