Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complications for couples living in different states

Hello,

I have been dating a US citizen and we have had a year long relationship. We are now contemplating marriage and eventually my fiance wants to apply for my greencard. However, I took up a new job recently and we are now living in separate states -- he's in CA and I'm in WA. We never lived together even when we were both in San Francisco. We have enough documented exchanges over the year and plenty of common friends who can vouch for our relationship but how important is it for married couples to reside together to establish legitimacy?

Thanks for your time!

You can document separate temporary business addresses (for employment purposes), but you must have a common domicile address at which mail can be received by each of you. In addition, your I-130 must report, on page 2, a location where you last spent a few days together physically (hotel or resort, etc.).

--Ray B

Originally posted by dr8 View Post
    Hello,

I have been dating a US citizen and we have had a year long relationship. We are now contemplating marriage and eventually my fiance wants to apply for my greencard. However, I took up a new job recently and we are now living in separate states -- he's in CA and I'm in WA. We never lived together even when we were both in San Francisco. We have enough documented exchanges over the year and plenty of common friends who can vouch for our relationship but how important is it for married couples to reside together to establish legitimacy?

Thanks for your time!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X