US Citizen sponsoring Son - how long before son becomes US citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizen sponsoring Son - how long before son becomes US citizen

I sponsored my son and he has been approved already, he completed the interview at the US Embassy. He was provided a visa already. My question is how soon can he become a US citizen after he arrives in the US? He is just 12 years old and I am a US citizen. I have heard from friends and relatives that children under the age of 16 or 18 do not have to follow the normal wait time for 5 years before becoming a US citizen. Is this true?

Thanks

The answer to your questions depends on how you, the father, obtained your citizenship, and how much time you had spent in the U.S. before the child's birth.

--Ray B

Originally posted by gman65 View Post
    I sponsored my son and he has been approved already, he completed the interview at the US Embassy. He was provided a visa already. My question is how soon can he become a US citizen after he arrives in the US? He is just 12 years old and I am a US citizen. I have heard from friends and relatives that children under the age of 16 or 18 do not have to follow the normal wait time for 5 years before becoming a US citizen. Is this true?

Thanks

Comment

US Citizen sponsoring Son - how long before son becomes US citizen

I agree with ray it all depends on how you became a citizen here. Please keep all copies of everything so you can submit it to USCIS once your boy is here there will be plenty of hurdles to cross. When he comes to port here and inspected and than you proceed with the GC process and when that is done you can pally for his N600 or a US passport to certify him as a US citizen

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X