Concurrent Filing - Green Card for an Immediate Relative of a U.S. Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent Filing - Green Card for an Immediate Relative of a U.S. Citizen

I am an US citizen aged 40. I would like to apply Green Card for my Mother. At present she is in USA on visitor visa and her I94 is expiring on 27th June 2014. What is the procedure? As per the Immihelp & USCIS.GOV site there is an option called concurrent filing.

1. Can I file my mother I130 while she is in USA?
    2. Can I file I130 & I485 concurrent?
    2. What is the timeline? After I file her I130, can she stay in USA till she get her GC?

I really appreciate your responses, thanks in advance.

Concurrent Filing for my parents - Green Card

I am an US citizen and in the process of applying Green Card for my Parents. At present they are in US on visitor visa and the I94 is expiring on 25th July 2014. Please advise on the procedure? As per the Immihelp & USCIS.GOV site there is an option called concurrent filing.

1. Can I file I130 & I485 concurrent and can they stay once received the receipt?
    2. What is the timeline?

I really appreciate your responses, thanks in advance!

Comment

Yes, you ccan submit both I-130 and I-485 packets, with supporting docs and two fee checks, for parents. They can remain in the U.S. while the processing is underway. Approximate waiting period until they are interviewed for Adjustment of Status is 4-7 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by nambigs View Post
      I am an US citizen and in the process of applying Green Card for my Parents. At present they are in US on visitor visa and the I94 is expiring on 25th July 2014. Please advise on the procedure? As per the Immihelp & USCIS.GOV site there is an option called concurrent filing.

1. Can I file I130 & I485 concurrent and can they stay once received the receipt?
      2. What is the timeline?

I really appreciate your responses, thanks in advance!

Comment

I485 Medical examination report

Thanks Ray for your prompt response!

while filing I485 at the same time of 1130 (concurrently), the medical examination report is required. Since it takes time, can I file I130 first and in two to three weeks file I485?
        Since they are in US, what is the requirements for their continue stay beyond the Visa time period (July 25, 2014)?
        And also, My parents are 70 years old, do they need vaccination?

Sorry for too many questions!
        Thanks in advance for your response!

Thanks!

Comment

When you file the I-485, include a copy of the receipt Notice of Action for the I-130.

It will be up to the doctor who conducts the immigration medical exam whether to waive or only provide partial shots. One lady whose paperwork I did for a conversion had all her shots waived. She was 93 at time of the medical exam.

--Ray B

Originally posted by nambigs View Post
          Thanks Ray for your prompt response!

while filing I485 at the same time of 1130 (concurrently), the medical examination report is required. Since it takes time, can I file I130 first and in two to three weeks file I485?
          Since they are in US, what is the requirements for their continue stay beyond the Visa time period (July 25, 2014)?
          And also, My parents are 70 years old, do they need vaccination?

Sorry for too many questions!
          Thanks in advance for your response!

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X