No announcement yet.

Forms to submit for green card for my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on which visa type your spouse used to enter the U.S.

Which visa type got him/her into the U.S.?

--Ray B

Originally posted by Gov33 View Post
    Form I 485 part two, which one is the right box to tick application base on marriage, and my spouse is currently in the US?

Comment

He entered with a visitors visa B2 @ rayb

Comment

He entered with a visitors visa B2 @Rayb

Comment

Then you check "a" if you are including an I-130, or receipt NOA for a submitted or aproved I-130.

--Ray B

He entered with a visitors visa B2 @Rayb

Comment

Am filling the I-130 and I-485 concurrently, so you are saying I should check a?

Comment

Yes, because your package will include an I-130 for which you husband has "immediate priority," so long as you are a U.S. citizen.

-Ray B

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Then you check "a" if you are including an I-130, or receipt NOA for a submitted or aproved I-130.

--Ray B

Comment

Do I have to filled out supplement A form for I 485? Am filling for my husband and he have over stayed his stay on his I-94 on B2 visitors visa

Comment

You do not submit the Supplement A, just the I-485.

--Ray B

Do I have to filled out supplement A form for I 485? Am filling for my husband and he have over stayed his stay on his I-94 on B2 visitors visa

Comment

I 130

I live in st louis missouri with
                    my husband, but when i was filing I 130 for him, I put Chicago IL, as the field office on question number 22, instead of St Louis Missouri . Will that be a problem?
                    Last edited by Gov33; 12-14-2014, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Ead

How long those it take to receive your EAD card after approval, and my status online change to card production?

Comment

If you have a Green Card coming up, you do not need an EAD card.

--Ray B

How long those it take to receive your EAD card after approval, and my status online change to card production?

Comment

Hello,

This thread has been very helpful. Thank you to Ray for providing so much information. I would just like to double check some things please.

I'm currently in the process of trying to file the I-130 for my Japanese wife right now. We are legally married in Japan. I am a U.S. citizen. My wife has no visa at the moment, and we are both currently living in Japan. After we get her visa (approved/in hand,) we are planning on moving back to America. From what I understand, I have to file the I-130, along with the G-325/A for myself and my wife. We don't currently need to file the I-485, but after the I-130 has been approved by UCIS and forwarded to NVC, we will have to file the I-485 then. Is that correct? Is there no way of getting around filing the I-485 even if we get the visa here? In other words, is it a required form, regardless of whether we stay in Japan, obtain a visa, and then move, or if we move, and then apply for it?

I hope that makes sense. Thank you for any insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakura View Post
                            Hello,

This thread has been very helpful. Thank you to Ray for providing so much information. I would just like to double check some things please.

I'm currently in the process of trying to file the I-130 for my Japanese wife right now. We are legally married in Japan. I am a U.S. citizen. My wife has no visa at the moment, and we are both currently living in Japan. After we get her visa (approved/in hand,) we are planning on moving back to America. From what I understand, I have to file the I-130, along with the G-325/A for myself and my wife. We don't currently need to file the I-485, but after the I-130 has been approved by UCIS and forwarded to NVC, we will have to file the I-485 then. Is that correct? Is there no way of getting around filing the I-485 even if we get the visa here? In other words, is it a required form, regardless of whether we stay in Japan, obtain a visa, and then move, or if we move, and then apply for it?

Sorry I made a mistake in this post. I did not mean I-485, but I meant I-864. My apologies.

Comment

Bakura,

The I-485 is used only if your wife was being processed while in the U.S. While being processed abroad, after the I-130 is approved by USCIS and the file goes to the National Visa Center, you will be paying $120 and $325 fees (sponsorship processing and immigrant visa), sending sponsorship documents and civil documents, and your wife will fill out an online form, DS-260.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Bakura View Post
                              Hello,

Comment

How long those it take for social security to confirm your status with uscis before issuing social security number?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X