urgent-green card spon sor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent-green card spon sor problem

Greetings everyone. Im an F1 student APPLYING for green card through marriage. I am off this semester with my husband in NYC. My husband is US citizen, he recently got a full-time job and this is his first full time job, he never filed for tax return before. (he did part-time job before for less than one year). And by the end of next year, his income would be above 125% poverty line. So what do we have to write to USCIS to explain them our situation (without the tax return) and can we move to the interview step successfully?

We need your suggestions, thanks a lot

Fatin and Ze

P.S: no one have enough income to sponsor us...

Your husband will have to include a signed and dated statement explaining why he did not file a 2013 Federal income tax return.

Once he has about 6 months of documented employment for which the income will annualize to meet the sponsorship requirements, you might be okay.

But a co-sponsor would fix this problem.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lanhua View Post
    Greetings everyone. Im an F1 student APPLYING for green card through marriage. I am off this semester with my husband in NYC. My husband is US citizen, he recently got a full-time job and this is his first full time job, he never filed for tax return before. (he did part-time job before for less than one year). And by the end of next year, his income would be above 125% poverty line. So what do we have to write to USCIS to explain them our situation (without the tax return) and can we move to the interview step successfully?

We need your suggestions, thanks a lot

Fatin and Ze

P.S: no one have enough income to sponsor us...

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Your husband will have to include a signed and dated statement explaining why he did not file a 2013 Federal income tax return.

Once he has about 6 months of documented employment for which the income will annualize to meet the sponsorship requirements, you might be okay.

But a co-sponsor would fix this problem.

--Ray B
      What do you mean by 6 months documented employment? He just started working part-time in February this year and just got employed in a full-time job last week. We have one more month to send the affidavit form. Do we have to wait for next year to reapply?

Comment

I stated "6 months" as an arbitrary length of employment that might be accepted as proof of earning ability. At various time past, "4 months" has also been cited, and in many instances, as reported by applicants, neither such timeframe of recent employment satisfied the USCIS reviewers.

If you are that close to the deadline for responding to the Request for Evidence, and cannot get a relative or friend to be a co-sponsor, just go with what you have and document the heck out of the employment, part-time or not, with paystubs, bank statements and an employment verification letter.

--Ray B

What do you mean by 6 months documented employment? He just started working part-time in February this year and just got employed in a full-time job last week. We have one more month to send the affidavit form. Do we have to wait for next year to reapply?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          I stated "6 months" as an arbitrary length of employment that might be accepted as proof of earning ability. At various time past, "4 months" has also been cited, and in many instances, as reported by applicants, neither such timeframe of recent employment satisfied the USCIS reviewers.

If you are that close to the deadline for responding to the Request for Evidence, and cannot get a relative or friend to be a co-sponsor, just go with what you have and document the heck out of the employment, part-time or not, with paystubs, bank statements and an employment verification letter.

--Ray B
          Thanks for your advice, so it's just like we have to provide as much evidence as possible.

Comment

Yes, and at some point, you may reach a reviewer who has the authority to accept what you have submitted, even if it is marginal.

--Ray B

Thanks for your advice, so it's just like we have to provide as much evidence as possible.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X