Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current individual annual income or line 22 of tax return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current individual annual income or line 22 of tax return?

To meet the poverty guidelines, will nvc look at current individual annual income(line 5 on affidavit of support) or most recent tax year total income? I meet the current individual annual income but not the most recent tax year.

Your current tax returns is very important.
    You would need to provide job letter and some surety that your job is permanent, listing your current rate and salary. Along with 6 months pay stubs.

You may need to still provide a Joint Sponsor, it's all in the hands of the Officer handling your case. Good luck!!

Comment

The tax return for the most recent tax year, 2014, is only a partial proof of ability to sponsor, and needs to be coupled with proof of current employment and proof that estimated income will annualize to meet the sponsorship requirements.

Tax returns for yeasr prior to 2014 serve no useful purpose at all, without a 2014 tax return

--Ray B

Originally posted by nhs2012 View Post
      To meet the poverty guidelines, will nvc look at current individual annual income(line 5 on affidavit of support) or most recent tax year total income? I meet the current individual annual income but not the most recent tax year.

Comment

I have a joint sponsor and that situation is his. He was self employed in 2014 and his total income(line 22 of 1040) is $19,000. But this year, he is a car salesman making commission and earns well over the poverty guidelines. So which one should I go by to be sure he meets the poverty guidelines? My husbands interview is on July 27 and I need to send him an affidavit.

Comment

Send a copy of the co-sponsor's 2014 and W2's, along with proof of his current income and employment verification, plus copy of his U.S. status (birth cert, U.S. passport or Green Card).

--Ray B

I have a joint sponsor and that situation is his. He was self employed in 2014 and his total income(line 22 of 1040) is $19,000. But this year, he is a car salesman making commission and earns well over the poverty guidelines. So which one should I go by to be sure he meets the poverty guidelines? My husbands interview is on July 27 and I need to send him an affidavit.

Comment

You're always a great help Ray B! So because his total income on his 2014 taxes is under the poverty guidelines that will be ok? Household size is 3 and the income requirements need to be $25,000. So the fact that he makes enough income this year will be good? Even if he's on commision?

Comment

he needs to provide credible proof of his employment and earnings.

--Ray B

You're always a great help Ray B! So because his total income on his 2014 taxes is under the poverty guidelines that will be ok? Household size is 3 and the income requirements need to be $25,000. So the fact that he makes enough income this year will be good? Even if he's on commision?

Comment

Will 6 months of pay stubs be sufficient enough? I don't want to get an RFE at the interview so whatever I need to know, please tell me! Like I asked before, it's ok that the total income on his 2014 is below poverty guidelines? Even if he was self employed in 2014?

Comment

Pay stubs are good. Bank statements for several months should also be included.

--Ray B

Will 6 months of pay stubs be sufficient enough? I don't want to get an RFE at the interview so whatever I need to know, please tell me! Like I asked before, it's ok that the total income on his 2014 is below poverty guidelines? Even if he was self employed in 2014?

Comment

What if the pay stubs have ytd on th? Would I still need bank statements? He also works commision. Is that a problem?

Comment

The purpose of about 4 months of pay stubs is to show that he is working and his approximate regular income.

--Ray B

What if the pay stubs have ytd on th? Would I still need bank statements? He also works commision. Is that a problem?

Comment

Ok just to clarify before I send it out. The current years income is what is looked at for the poverty guidelines, not the 2014 tax return, correct?

Comment

Current income that will annualize to meet the sponsorship income requirements is based on proof of your current employment. A tax return copy, with W2 and 1099 forms is proof of your earning history.

--Ray B

Ok just to clarify before I send it out. The current years income is what is looked at for the poverty guidelines, not the 2014 tax return, correct?

Comment

So why do they ask for past years income if this year is what counts?

Comment

Providing earlier tax returns is optional, not a requirement.

--Ray B

So why do they ask for past years income if this year is what counts?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X