NVC Visa Status Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVC Visa Status Question

Hi Everyone - I am a new user and this is my first post on this site. If I've made this post in the wrong section, I apologize in advance. I have a question regarding my NVC Visa Status. I am currently waiting for a visa to become available under the F1 category (I'm over 21 and was sponsored by my mother). I checked the visa bulletin and noticed that my priority date is not current, but will be very soon. So, I went to the DOS website to check my case status and it provide the following message:

"Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us".

Here is my question: Is the aforementioned message referring to the letter I got from the NVC (upon case approval) which simply stated my case number and told me to wait for a visa to become available? OR, has the NVC sent me a letter recently that I have not received with further instructions?

Thank you

Originally posted by Ehsan Jan View Post
    Hi Everyone - I am a new user and this is my first post on this site. If I've made this post in the wrong section, I apologize in advance. I have a question regarding my NVC Visa Status. I am currently waiting for a visa to become available under the F1 category (I'm over 21 and was sponsored by my mother). I checked the visa bulletin and noticed that my priority date is not current, but will be very soon. So, I went to the DOS website to check my case status and it provide the following message:

"Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us".

Here is my question: Is the aforementioned message referring to the letter I got from the NVC (upon case approval) which simply stated my case number and told me to wait for a visa to become available? OR, has the NVC sent me a letter recently that I have not received with further instructions?

Thank you
    It seems like they have sent a letter to you which you have not received. You need to call the NVC to let them know that....ask them to add your email so that next time, you will receive everything on your email instead.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X