Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married a LPR, my H1-B expires next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married a LPR, my H1-B expires next year...

Hello,
    I married my wife last year. She is a Green Card holder, she got it in May 2003 through Diversity Lottery, I married her in 2005. We are both Hungarian citizens. I'm on my 2nd 3-year term H1-B that expires Aug. 2007. We live and work in Ohio.

What is my best option to stay here with my wife after my H1-B expires in August 2007? (We have not filed anything yet, no I-130 or anything)

1. Trying GC through my employer? We are a very small company, often just trying to stay alive (so far so good). I have doubts that would work, seems very complicated.

2. Should I go back to being a student on an F1 visa doing another master's to gain some time? However that requires non-immigrant intent, so my marriage to a GC holder could prevent that?

3. Should I leave the USA for a year after Aug. 2007 to comply with the H-1B rules and apply for a fresh set of 2x3 years of H1-B, and return after the year spent outside of US? (Least convenient option obviously).

Or are there any other options? (Besides investing $1 million in a US company to get a GC). My wife still has at least 2 more years before she can apply for citizenship. Considering the long waiting list, filing an F2A based I-130 through my green card holder wife would not help me either right now.

I appreciate your help. I did my research but I'm still hoping I missed some kind of hidden solution.

You can try any of the options you mentioned.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X