Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sibling green card (F4) -- priority date about to be current. What are Next Steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibling green card (F4) -- priority date about to be current. What are Next Steps?

Hi All,

I naturalized in 2001, and filed I130 for my sibling in May 2003. The priority date under F4 would become current on February 1, 2016.

Other than the initial filing, responses to some document requests, and a filing for address change of the petitioner (me) in 2013, this case has been dormant for 13 years. Now that priority date is about to become current, I have a number of questions.

1. What do I (petitioner) need to do next?

2. What does my sibling in India need to do? Do they wait to hear from embassy, or should they contact the US embassy?

3. Is there a step-by-step procedure of what all to do, which documents to collect, etc.?

4. What is an average processing time, after the priority date becomes current?

5. At the time the I130 was filed for my sibling, the application included sibling's spouse, and two children. Now, child #1 is over 25 and married, while child #2 is 20 years old, and unmarried. I presume child #1 would not qualify to immigrate, but child #2 would qualify. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Originally posted by drsingh View Post
    Hi All,

I naturalized in 2001, and filed I130 for my sibling in May 2003. The priority date under F4 would become current on February 1, 2016.

Other than the initial filing, responses to some document requests, and a filing for address change of the petitioner (me) in 2013, this case has been dormant for 13 years. Now that priority date is about to become current, I have a number of questions.

1. What do I (petitioner) need to do next?

2. What does my sibling in India need to do? Do they wait to hear from embassy, or should they contact the US embassy?

3. Is there a step-by-step procedure of what all to do, which documents to collect, etc.?

4. What is an average processing time, after the priority date becomes current?

5. At the time the I130 was filed for my sibling, the application included sibling's spouse, and two children. Now, child #1 is over 25 and married, while child #2 is 20 years old, and unmarried. I presume child #1 would not qualify to immigrate, but child #2 would qualify. Is this correct?

Thanks,
    Are you from India? If yes then January 2016's cut off date for F4, India is Apr 2003. Following are the answers as per my knowledge.

1. NVC (national Visa Center) sends welcome letter to the petitioner and applicant once the priority date is six months to one year away from being current. It will have all the details. For example, mine is F3 case and I was an Indian citizen when my mother petitioned for me and my family. My priority date is in March 2005. I and my mother received welcome letter in Aug 2015. The current cut off date for F3 is Aug 2004. So as per my calculation, you should have received the welcome letter by now.

2. and 3. Please go to the following web link of NVC website for processing steps. http://travel.state.gov/contenthttps...tion/file.html

4. Average processing time varies from case to case. NVC will close the case if they are not contacted by the petitioner/applicant for more than a year from the date on the welcome letter.

5. You are correct. Child #1 won't qualify but child #2 does.

Here is the link to check the case status in NVC. you'll need the NVC case number for it. https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

The number to contact them is (603) 334-0700. You'll have to be very patient while calling them. I'm in the east coast and find it easier to get NVC agents on line is between 8AM - 8:30AM EST. They ask me my name, my mother's name, my date of birth, NVC case number and the receipt number (this came with the welcome letter) for verification.

Good luck
    Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy4u View Post
      Are you from India? If yes then January 2016's cut off date for F4, India is Apr 2003. Following are the answers as per my knowledge.

1. NVC (national Visa Center) sends welcome letter to the petitioner and applicant once the priority date is six months to one year away from being current. It will have all the details. For example, mine is F3 case and I was an Indian citizen when my mother petitioned for me and my family. My priority date is in March 2005. I and my mother received welcome letter in Aug 2015. The current cut off date for F3 is Aug 2004. So as per my calculation, you should have received the welcome letter by now.

2. and 3. Please go to the following web link of NVC website for processing steps. http://travel.state.gov/contenthttps...tion/file.html

4. Average processing time varies from case to case. NVC will close the case if they are not contacted by the petitioner/applicant for more than a year from the date on the welcome letter.

5. You are correct. Child #1 won't qualify but child #2 does.

Here is the link to check the case status in NVC. you'll need the NVC case number for it. https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

The number to contact them is (603) 334-0700. You'll have to be very patient while calling them. I'm in the east coast and find it easier to get NVC agents on line is between 8AM - 8:30AM EST. They ask me my name, my mother's name, my date of birth, NVC case number and the receipt number (this came with the welcome letter) for verification.

Good luck
      Joy
      Hello Joy4U,

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, my sibling is in India. The receipt # for I130 that I filed in 2003 is Receipt #: WAC-03-172-5xxxx (masked the last 4 digits). It was filed on May 12, 2003; check cleared on May 13th or 14th, and the priority date is May 15th, as noted on the receipt.

I have not received any documents from NVC.

My sibling has also not received any documents. Since this will be a consular processing in Delhi, would NVC be still involved? Or is NVC only for the adjustment of status cases?

Comment

Hello Joy4U,

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, my sibling is in India. The receipt # for I130 that I filed in 2003 is Receipt #: WAC-03-172-5xxxx (masked the last 4 digits). It was filed on May 12, 2003; check cleared on May 13th or 14th, and the priority date is May 15th, as noted on the receipt.

I have not received any documents from NVC.

My sibling has also not received any documents. Since this will be a consular processing in Delhi, would NVC be still involved? Or is NVC only for the adjustment of status cases?
        I would suggest you to call NVC sooner. NVC will start processing the case and will forward it to the Consulate in India at the time of the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy4u View Post
          I would suggest you to call NVC sooner. NVC will start processing the case and will forward it to the Consulate in India at the time of the interview.
          I called NVC this afternoon, and, surprisingly, got to a person after less than 15 minutes wait. It seems that they did not have my current address, even though I had given change of address back in 2013, and have confirmation receipt from USCIS that it was processed. So I gave change of address, and my email. The lady told me that in 3 to 5 business days, I should get email with instructions.

I will wait a week, and then I will report back here.

Comment

I called NVC this afternoon, and, surprisingly, got to a person after less than 15 minutes wait. It seems that they did not have my current address, even though I had given change of address back in 2013, and have confirmation receipt from USCIS that it was processed. So I gave change of address, and my email. The lady told me that in 3 to 5 business days, I should get email with instructions.

Great news!!
            Good luck.

Comment

Following my own post: Today I received two emails from NVC, each with a PDF. One is addressed to my sibling, and the other is addressed to me. Each letter asks for $120 fee.

1. Do we need to pay twice, or just once?
              2. This is the fee for just the financial support verification, right?
              3. What are all the fees we need to pay from now till the visa interview and entry to the US?
              4. The subject lines of the emails are very cryptic ... can someone help decipher it?

Subject # 1: NWD200963xxxx (ACL FOR WWRO)(CC) --> the first part is NVC case id. What do NWD, ACL, WWRO, CC mean?
              Subject # 2: NWD200963xxxx (PAOSF I-130 FOR NEOPOST DS-1200) --> what do PAOSF, NEOPOST mean?

Comment

Following my own post: Today I received two emails from NVC, each with a PDF. One is addressed to my sibling, and the other is addressed to me. Each letter asks for $120 fee.

1. Do we need to pay twice, or just once?
                2. This is the fee for just the financial support verification, right?
                3. What are all the fees we need to pay from now till the visa interview and entry to the US?
                4. The subject lines of the emails are very cryptic ... can someone help decipher it?

Subject # 1: NWD200963xxxx (ACL FOR WWRO)(CC) --> the first part is NVC case id. What do NWD, ACL, WWRO, CC mean?
                Subject # 2: NWD200963xxxx (PAOSF I-130 FOR NEOPOST DS-1200) --> what do PAOSF, NEOPOST mean?
                You'll have to choose an agent for this case before paying the fees. Please visit the NVC website for details. $120 is the petitioner's fee and then there will be immigration visa fees of $325 for each of the applicants.
                To choose an agent, please go to NVC website and log into Consular Electronic Application Center using your NVC case number and immigrant visa fee invoice id number.
                No idea about the subject line.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X