Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father name misspelled on US Birth Certificate - Applying i130

Hi,

I am a US born citizen, but both my aren't Americans. I just turned 21, and I am planing to petition for my parents to come and live in the US. I am planing to apply for my mother first, and after a year or so I'll be applying for my father. But my problem is that on my birth certificate my father name is spelled in a way that is different than the way it's spelled on his passport. I called the vital records office in the State I live in and asked them how will I be able to change the name and the need some documents which I won't be able to provide right away.

Although I'm only applying for my mother for now, I need to provide her husband name (my father) on the I-130. So I am not sure how to write down the name, should I write it down as it appear on my birth certificate or as it appear on his passport. I am imagining it wont cause complications until I apply for my father, so I am trying to avoid that.

Any advise? Should I not even bother changing my father name on my birth certificate, since I read that I130 must match Birth certificate and visa must match passport? On a different note it's not a problem that I am not applying for both parents at the same time even though they are married, right?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X