Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Visa Denial and petition for I-130

Hello,

My father who is 66 had his tourist's visa denied (214b) , he simply wanted to come attend my graduation. I just feel sick to my stomach.and he said they did not really gave him a valid reason.

His situation:
    He lived in the US for over 11 years but left in 2005 and never came back. His 10 yrs ban was already up. He has strong ties in his home country in West Africa, has a home, business and new wife (my mother passed in 2005).

I am a newly naturalized US citizen as of last September. I would like to now fill for alien relative. Is it the best course of action or the way that at least has more chances of approval? What's the process? I should file form I-130 first and wait?
    Also how long should i wait before filing for the 1-130.
    Last edited by Lambstat; 04-11-2016, 10:32 PM.

Yes,it is the best option for you to apply I-130 for your father. You can apply right away and will take at least a year for the whole process to complete.

Good Luck...

Originally posted by Lambstat View Post
    Hello,

My father who is 66 had his tourist's visa denied (214b) , he simply wanted to come attend my graduation. I just feel sick to my stomach.and he said they did not really gave him a valid reason.

His situation:
    He lived in the US for over 11 years but left in 2005 and never came back. His 10 yrs ban was already up. He has strong ties in his home country in West Africa, has a home, business and new wife (my mother passed in 2005).

I am a newly naturalized US citizen as of last September. I would like to now fill for alien relative. Is it the best course of action or the way that at least has more chances of approval? What's the process? I should file form I-130 first and wait?
    Also how long should i wait before filing for the 1-130.
    Disclaimer: This is NOT a legal advice. Use it on your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X