Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can't meet the minimum requirements for I864

Hi guys!

I want to file the i130s and other forms for my mother only, my income is not enough and I am unable to find a joint sponsor to help me out, however I read on the USCIS website, I have pasted the relevant part below and the link is (https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...idavit-support)

If You Can’t Meet the Minimum Income Requirements

If you cannot meet the minimum income requirements using your earned income, you have various options:

You may add the cash value of your assets. This includes money in savings accounts, stocks, bonds, and property. To determine the amount of assets required to qualify, subtract your household income from the minimum income requirement (125% of the poverty level for your family size). You must prove the cash value of your assets is worth five times this difference (the amount left over).

Now since we do not meet the requirements, could you explain this part to me please? I think it basically states that I must have a certain amount in my account or some sort of property? am I right or wrong?

Looking forward to hearing from you

If your proof of annual income is $2,000 short of the needed $21,000, you must have at least $10,000 in available cash or other liquid assets (stocks, bonds, etc.), which will be about 5 times the income deficit.

--Ray B

Originally posted by taahaa View Post
    Hi guys!

I want to file the i130s and other forms for my mother only, my income is not enough and I am unable to find a joint sponsor to help me out, however I read on the USCIS website, I have pasted the relevant part below and the link is (https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...idavit-support)

If You Can’t Meet the Minimum Income Requirements

If you cannot meet the minimum income requirements using your earned income, you have various options:

You may add the cash value of your assets. This includes money in savings accounts, stocks, bonds, and property. To determine the amount of assets required to qualify, subtract your household income from the minimum income requirement (125% of the poverty level for your family size). You must prove the cash value of your assets is worth five times this difference (the amount left over).

Now since we do not meet the requirements, could you explain this part to me please? I think it basically states that I must have a certain amount in my account or some sort of property? am I right or wrong?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Comment

Hi !

Thank you for your reply, it was really helpful, I just have a few more questions!

Now I can't file my taxes for 2016, so my income is out of the question. however a relative of mine has agreed to help me out, his household comprises of 6 people and with him sponsoring my mother that makes it a total of 7 and the poverty guidelines for a family of 7 is $46,425 and his income for the year of 2016 was around $32,000. He has agreed to show his home, now would there be any issues with this or not? Secondly if this is possible, what are the required paperwork I need ?

His income shows a deficit of $14000, that amount times 5 equals out to be $70,000. Therefore his house must be worth more than $70,000 for this to work through right?

Thanks again for your reply, looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Comment

Offering equity in real estate for sponsorship is not easily accomplished. Proof of "fast sale" equity" in real estate is not reliable.

--Ray B

Hi !

Thank you for your reply, it was really helpful, I just have a few more questions!

Now I can't file my taxes for 2016, so my income is out of the question. however a relative of mine has agreed to help me out, his household comprises of 6 people and with him sponsoring my mother that makes it a total of 7 and the poverty guidelines for a family of 7 is $46,425 and his income for the year of 2016 was around $32,000. He has agreed to show his home, now would there be any issues with this or not? Secondly if this is possible, what are the required paperwork I need ?

His income shows a deficit of $14000, that amount times 5 equals out to be $70,000. Therefore his house must be worth more than $70,000 for this to work through right?

Thanks again for your reply, looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Offering equity in real estate for sponsorship is not easily accomplished. Proof of "fast sale" equity" in real estate is not reliable.

--Ray B

Hi Sir,

This is my only option, I explored all other options and this is my last hope, any suggestions how i go about this?

Thank you!

Comment

Obtain two or three professional appraisals from real estate professionals, and couple with your mortgage balance documents, and obtain an offer to buy from a business that purchases "quick sale" properties. This will provide you with a good package for offering equity to satisfy the difference between proof of income and the sponsorship requirement, using the equity value of 5 times or greater for the available equity.

--Ray B

Hi Sir,

This is my only option, I explored all other options and this is my last hope, any suggestions how i go about this?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Obtain two or three professional appraisals from real estate professionals, and couple with your mortgage balance documents, and obtain an offer to buy from a business that purchases "quick sale" properties. This will provide you with a good package for offering equity to satisfy the difference between proof of income and the sponsorship requirement, using the equity value of 5 times or greater for the available equity.

--Ray B

Hi!

Thank you for your time and reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X