I-134, Affidavit of Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-134, Affidavit of Support

What are the supporting documents for Form I-134. I cannot seem to find it in the instructions.

Thank you.
    Not legal advice.

Originally posted by NettieL View Post
    What are the supporting documents for Form I-134. I cannot seem to find it in the instructions.

Thank you.
    Hello Nettie, I go for my interview in 2 weeks, this is what my 797c wants me to bring:

What to Include With Form I-134

The sponsor should attach proof of the claimed income and/or assets, including:
    A letter from a bank stating when the account was opened, how much was deposited over the past year, and the current balance.
    An employer letter (on business letterhead) stating the person’s job, when it began, what the salary is, and whether it’s a permanent position or not.
    Copy of their last income tax return and/or, for self-employed sponsors, a report of commercial rating concern.
    List of bonds, with serial numbers and denominations.
    Other documents, such as real estate or other appraisals, as appropriate to listed income or assets.
    Also attach a copy of the document that shows the immigration status of the person signing the Form I-134. A copy of a U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, or green card are the most likely examples.

Comment

1. I-134 with original signature.
      2. Copy of most recent Federal income tax return
      3. Copies of sources documents used for income reported on income tax return (W2's, 1099-R's, Social Security statements)
      4. A couple of recent bank statements
      5. An employment verification letter or proof of viable business entity if self-employed.

The legacy instruction to get a bank letter detailing history of your account, etc., is pretty much outdated and most bank officers will either laugh as your request, or not know what you are talking about, or maybe put an ad hoc letter together for you.

--Ray B

Originally posted by NettieL View Post

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks.
        Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X