Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 260 help

Hi Guys,

I was filling DS 260 and got stuck in one question for which I need your guidance.

on spouse information section, there is a question - is your spouse immigrating to the US with you? - my spouse, she is US citizen and living in india and she is the petitioner. I believe I have to fill this as NO since USC can't immigrate to US, and when I answer it as NO it direct me to another question -is your spouse immigrating to the us at a later date to join you ?- its obvious we will go to US together after visa granted.

please refer attached image herewith and help me resolve my confusion.

thanks
    Attached Files

Ds 260

Can the petitioner fill and submit the fee for ds 260??

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny_me View Post
      Can the petitioner fill and submit the fee for ds 260??

Yes petitioner can fill the form ds 260. refer image attached.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by djbarfight View Post
      Hi Guys,

I was filling DS 260 and got stuck in one question for which I need your guidance.

on spouse information section, there is a question - is your spouse immigrating to the US with you? - my spouse, she is US citizen and living in india and she is the petitioner. I believe I have to fill this as NO since USC can't immigrate to US, and when I answer it as NO it direct me to another question -is your spouse immigrating to the us at a later date to join you ?- its obvious we will go to US together after visa granted.

thanks

any one please help on this ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,

thanks
        I think both the answers should be NO, since ur spouse is already a USC, she ain't immigrating....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes petitioner can fill the form ds 260. refer image attached.

- - - Updated - - -

any one please help on this ?
        Thank you

But somewhere I read, forms starting with "i" has to be completed by petitioner and those starting with "ds" by the beneficiary....

Comment

Bump

hi guys,

i was filling ds 260 and got stuck in one question for which i need your guidance.

On spouse information section, there is a question - is your spouse immigrating to the us with you? - my spouse, she is us citizen and living in india and she is the petitioner. I believe i have to fill this as no since usc can't immigrate to us, and when i answer it as no it direct me to another question -is your spouse immigrating to the us at a later date to join you ?- its obvious we will go to us together after visa granted.

Please refer attached image herewith and help me resolve my confusion.

Thanks

Comment

any help ?

Comment

When you selected the form, you filled it out as the beneficiary or the petitioner?

Comment

applicant

Originally posted by abumiqdad View Post
                When you selected the form, you filled it out as the beneficiary or the petitioner?
                - - - Updated - - -

can any one help me on this question ?

Hi Guys,

thanks

Comment

Is your spouse USC from birth (born in the USA) or naturalized? If birth, they should know about it because when you fill up the form you are asked to enter the place of birth.

The should know about this during the interview. If you select YES for the 1st question, it should not affect your application, especially if this is a petition for spouse.

Comment

she is USC by birth...

Originally posted by abumiqdad View Post
                    Is your spouse USC from birth (born in the USA) or naturalized? If birth, they should know about it because when you fill up the form you are asked to enter the place of birth.

The should know about this during the interview. If you select YES for the 1st question, it should not affect your application, especially if this is a petition for spouse.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X