X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage to US citizen

hey there all
    i have a query.
    I am on F-1 status and my fiancee is a US citizen. We are both in school at different places and thus not at the same place. Is it advisable to marry when we get together at the same place and get a home and all other accounts together or can we just get married right away, i apply for adjustment of status and we can show our school admit/transcripts as reason for our different place of residence.
    (We were at the same school when we met but my advisor moved and i had to move with my advisor.)
    The catch is that if we get married after i finish and move back to her, my F1 will expire and i will have to get a H1 and then adjust the status. Instead i have a valid F1 visa right now and applying right now after marriage will save me the time and hassle to look for H1 visa later by some employer.
    In other words Do USCIS raise the objections of not stayinf together for couples even if there are valid reasons like attending school as in my case ? Is is worthwhile to wait till we get together to be safe or it does not matter? How do USCIS ppl look at it ?
    i will appreciate any suggestions/ comments

As long as you can show valid reason to stay separetely, there is no problem.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X