CSPA applicability F4 INDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPA applicability F4 INDIA

Category: F4 INDIA (US citizen brother filed for his sister in INDIA)
    Priority Date: 27-09-2004
    Approval Date: 22-03-2010
    Welcome letter received on: 26-04-2018
    AOS fees paid on: 01-05-2018
    Case Completed on: 15-06-2018

I am a son (derivative beneficiary) of principal applicant (my mother) in this case.
    My Date of birth: 09-09-1994

TIME LINE TILL NOW: After receiving welcome letter; on the CEAC website we were able to pay IV fees for my mother (principal applicant) and father only, my name (Son?s name) was there but I was unable to pay the IV fees as no invoice was generated for me.
    So we drop an email to NVC explaining them applicability of CSPA to this case and to generate IV fee invoice for me(Son) and we got following reply from NVC to that email - ?We reviewed this petition for eligibility under the CSPA and we determined that applicant does not benefit under CSPA?.
    After that we paid AOS fees and IV fees for my parents (mother and father) and completed IV application (DS-260) of mother and father. While filing that form; on particular question of WHETHER I AM IMMIGRATING WITH MY PARENTS, we filled YES in both the forms then we mailed NVC all the requested documents of petitioner and applicant (mother and father). We also mailed them my(son) documents along with all other documents. Then we send one more email to NVC insisting them for adjudication with a consular officer then NVC?s preliminary CSPA age assessment for applicability of CSPA to this case. To that email we again got same reply: We reviewed this petition for eligibility under the CSPA and we determined the applicant is not eligible?. After that we got case completion letter on 15-06-2018. But now when I open CEAC website my name is completely missing from Applicant information and IV application processing fees sections (Name was visible in both the sections before) only the names of my mother and father are there. So my question is ?what should we do next for applicability of CSPA? Should we wait until priority date becomes current OR is there anything else we can do? What about missing name from CEAC website? what if I wait until date becomes current and after that I get same reply from NVC? What is the exact time for doing CSPA procedure? should we hire an attorney? THANKS.

F4

Please wait your parents interview date - or your priority current date - once this done - please email to consulate who taking your parents interview with supporting document of CSPA and will add your name if you are eligible. This is my experience and my cousin got visa.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by indttc94 View Post
      Category: F4 INDIA (US citizen brother filed for his sister in INDIA)
      Priority Date: 27-09-2004
      Approval Date: 22-03-2010
      Welcome letter received on: 26-04-2018
      AOS fees paid on: 01-05-2018
      Case Completed on: 15-06-2018

I am a son (derivative beneficiary) of principal applicant (my mother) in this case.
      My Date of birth: 09-09-1994

TIME LINE TILL NOW: After receiving welcome letter; on the CEAC website we were able to pay IV fees for my mother (principal applicant) and father only, my name (Son?s name) was there but I was unable to pay the IV fees as no invoice was generated for me.
      So we drop an email to NVC explaining them applicability of CSPA to this case and to generate IV fee invoice for me(Son) and we got following reply from NVC to that email - ?We reviewed this petition for eligibility under the CSPA and we determined that applicant does not benefit under CSPA?.
      After that we paid AOS fees and IV fees for my parents (mother and father) and completed IV application (DS-260) of mother and father. While filing that form; on particular question of WHETHER I AM IMMIGRATING WITH MY PARENTS, we filled YES in both the forms then we mailed NVC all the requested documents of petitioner and applicant (mother and father). We also mailed them my(son) documents along with all other documents. Then we send one more email to NVC insisting them for adjudication with a consular officer then NVC?s preliminary CSPA age assessment for applicability of CSPA to this case. To that email we again got same reply: We reviewed this petition for eligibility under the CSPA and we determined the applicant is not eligible?. After that we got case completion letter on 15-06-2018. But now when I open CEAC website my name is completely missing from Applicant information and IV application processing fees sections (Name was visible in both the sections before) only the names of my mother and father are there. So my question is ?what should we do next for applicability of CSPA? Should we wait until priority date becomes current OR is there anything else we can do? What about missing name from CEAC website? what if I wait until date becomes current and after that I get same reply from NVC? What is the exact time for doing CSPA procedure? should we hire an attorney? THANKS.

What is the status now ?
      Did you get the chance to immigrate with your parents ?

Comment

Hello....any updates?

Hi,

I would appreciate if you can share your experience or updates after you created this thread.
        My case is very similar.
        The application was filed in 2004 (I was 17), and approval was received in 2010.
        My parents received the DS-260 (in Oct'18) and my name was mentioned, but fee payment wasn't allowed for me.
        I paid the fees for my parents and their DS-260 forms were available to be completed, so I filled their forms.
        I also emailed USCIS that due to the delay, my age crossed the eligible limit of 21 years and requested them to consider my name in CSPA.
        I received the following response: Thank you for contacting us about your applicant's interest in a visa. To continue with processing, you must submit fees and forms to the NVC. We cannot guarantee that the applicant will qualify for Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) benefits. At the interview, the Consular Officer may find that the applicant is ineligible for a visa. Before you decide if you want to proceed, please go to our website and review the CSPA requirements.
        But I then noticed that my DS-260 payment was open so I just made the payment and now waiting to fill the DS-260 form.

Does that mean that I can appear for the interview with my parents and would they consider me for the visa?

Would appreciate having your updates and advice!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by akash.patel4u View Post
          Hi,

I would appreciate if you can share your experience or updates after you created this thread.
          My case is very similar.
          The application was filed in 2004 (I was 17), and approval was received in 2010.
          My parents received the DS-260 (in Oct'18) and my name was mentioned, but fee payment wasn't allowed for me.
          I paid the fees for my parents and their DS-260 forms were available to be completed, so I filled their forms.
          I also emailed USCIS that due to the delay, my age crossed the eligible limit of 21 years and requested them to consider my name in CSPA.
          I received the following response: Thank you for contacting us about your applicant's interest in a visa. To continue with processing, you must submit fees and forms to the NVC. We cannot guarantee that the applicant will qualify for Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) benefits. At the interview, the Consular Officer may find that the applicant is ineligible for a visa. Before you decide if you want to proceed, please go to our website and review the CSPA requirements.
          But I then noticed that my DS-260 payment was open so I just made the payment and now waiting to fill the DS-260 form.

Does that mean that I can appear for the interview with my parents and would they consider me for the visa?

Would appreciate having your updates and advice!

Thanks.
          What is your priority date? When is your interview?

Comment

Originally posted by mital View Post
            What is your priority date? When is your interview?
            Filed in July 2004
            Receipt date: Jan 2010
            My parents just submitted their DS-260 and I will be submitting my DS-260 this week.
            Still waiting for the interview.

Comment

Filed in July 2004
              My parents just submitted their DS-260 and I will be submitting my DS-260 this week.
              What is your priority date in July? Did you get interview letter?

Comment

Filed in July 2004
                Did you get an interview letter?

Comment

Any updates from anyone!!

Comment

Follow the step by me u can either get your problem solved

Comment

Hello Everyone,

My Aunt has filed for F4 for my Mother staying in India in Oct 2005 and our case got approved in March 2009 on USCIS website but now My sister is 24.5 years (Aug 1995 born) and me 29.5 years (Dec 1990 born) and also from 2013 i am staying in Newzealand till now march 2020 but wants to stay with my family and i am unmarried as well and soon in 2 or 3 months we are expecting our priority date to be available so is there any chances that we able to go along with parents or is CSPA applies to us on this condition or is there chances we can do something before we our priority date gets available as one f my friend told us to file DS260 form as that will help you guys.

Can you please share your valuable experience as you could have gone through the same situation.

Thanks
                      Mithal

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X