Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical coverage for parents after greencard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical coverage for parents after greencard?

Hello-
    I would like to file greencard for my parents.

I would like to know if there is any government sponsered medical coverage for greencard holders over a certain age.
    My father is 67 and my mother is 59.

There are many options for visitor visa medical insurance, but none of them cover pre-existing conditions. So unless I find a medical coverage that covers the old age illness, I cannot make the decision of sponsering the GC's.
    Thanks for any input.

Mili.

Health insurance for GC visitor visa / GC parents

Hello Mythili,

I am having the same dilemma. I am in a situaion to sponser my parents, but since my dad recenly had a heart attack and a cardiac bypass surgery, I am concerned about bringing him here without insurance. Even if I can bring them here once a year for 6 months (just on a visitor visa), that would be fine. That way my dad can get his routine medical check-up done in India. But I am concerned about any heart-related health emergencies that could arise, during his stay here. I have heard about certain types of insurance that have very high deductibles (like 2000-5000 dollars) that cover only emergencies. This seems like a good option, but I am unable to find any info. on this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !

Comment

I have heard that US government provides free medical insurance to greencard holders over 60 years of age.
      I have posted the question to get input in this. Thanks.

Comment

For new immigrants, there is no insurance plan to cover pre-existing conditions.

Please read https://www.insubuy.com/new-immigrant-insurance/-plans/
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...