US Citizen Marriage-based Green Card filed from Los Angeles, I-485 / I-130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizen Marriage-based Green Card filed from Los Angeles, I-485 / I-130

Any advice on my situation, explained below, greatly appreciated!

-married US citizen, live together in Los Angeles, and will be filing concurrent adjustment of status / petition for alien relative (Chicago lockbox)
    -hold O-1 (artist's visa) valid through end of 2019
    -returning to Europe in late December for Christmas, to see family; honeymoon to Europe at end of July 2019

How would I get my advanced parole document the fastest, so I don't have to abandon my plans home for Christmas, or my honeymoon?

-Is there a way to know how long recent cases have taken to get Advanced Parole for concurrent filing from LA / sending to Chicago lockbox? Or do cases, regardless where you live, get dispersed around the country to various processing centers, making it impossible to predict, until being designated a center?

-Should I file in early August (giving 4 1/2 months for the Advanced Parole document to arrive before Christmas)? Or is that totally unreasonable?

-Should I file in early January (giving 5 1/2 months for the Advanced Parole document to arrive before our honeymoon)? Or is that also pie in the sky in today's climate of extended processing times? I have also heard that filing too close after re-entering the US raises red flags.

-Would it help to just clearly state my travel needs in my cover letter while filing concurrently, stating that I plan to leave in December? Would they honor my request and expedite Advanced Parole earlier? Is there some argument to be made that Christmas is a religious holiday, etc.?

-Another thought I have is just applying as soon as possible, and then if I don't get the Advanced Parole document in time, going into my local USCIS office in LA and petitioning for an emergency Advanced Parole document - though I'm not sure it constitutes an emergency in their book.

-Do I need to apply for the EAD (if I have a valid O-1 / work visa through 2019 so I can work on while my green card is pending)? Will not applying for the EAD somehow speed up them issuing my Advanced Parole document?

Originally posted by losangelesfiler View Post
    Any advice on my situation, explained below, greatly appreciated!

-married US citizen, live together in Los Angeles, and will be filing concurrent adjustment of status / petition for alien relative (Chicago lockbox)
    -hold O-1 (artist's visa) valid through end of 2019
    -returning to Europe in late December for Christmas, to see family; honeymoon to Europe at end of July 2019

How would I get my advanced parole document the fastest, so I don't have to abandon my plans home for Christmas, or my honeymoon?

-Is there a way to know how long recent cases have taken to get Advanced Parole for concurrent filing from LA / sending to Chicago lockbox? Or do cases, regardless where you live, get dispersed around the country to various processing centers, making it impossible to predict, until being designated a center?

-Should I file in early August (giving 4 1/2 months for the Advanced Parole document to arrive before Christmas)? Or is that totally unreasonable?

-Should I file in early January (giving 5 1/2 months for the Advanced Parole document to arrive before our honeymoon)? Or is that also pie in the sky in today's climate of extended processing times? I have also heard that filing too close after re-entering the US raises red flags.

-Would it help to just clearly state my travel needs in my cover letter while filing concurrently, stating that I plan to leave in December? Would they honor my request and expedite Advanced Parole earlier? Is there some argument to be made that Christmas is a religious holiday, etc.?

-Another thought I have is just applying as soon as possible, and then if I don't get the Advanced Parole document in time, going into my local USCIS office in LA and petitioning for an emergency Advanced Parole document - though I'm not sure it constitutes an emergency in their book.

-Do I need to apply for the EAD (if I have a valid O-1 / work visa through 2019 so I can work on while my green card is pending)? Will not applying for the EAD somehow speed up them issuing my Advanced Parole document?
    hi there! permit me to inform you that uscis do not process petition based on anyone's timeline, they hardly meet up to their own processing time, do apply for the parol document and be sincere in your reason. DO NOT LEAVE THE USA even though you have a valid visa your re-entry is not based on your status but the parole officer's discretion. after submitting your documents you will not get your EAD/AP until the third month (if no RFE) or possibly longer, also note that ADVANCE PAROLE doesnt guarante entry into the USA the officer has to decide. best of luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X