RFE for condition removal (I-751)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for condition removal (I-751)

I applied for condition removal I-751 on my conditional green card based on fact that my wife is a US Citizen. I got RFE recently stating that documents I submitted were not sufficient to prove Good Faith Marriage. My wife and I have been married 4 years and we have a son. The items mentioned seem to indicate that they had some technical issues with what I had sent, but they do not give specific details or what was expected:
    - You submitted 2016 tax returns; two bank statements; residential sales contract
    - There is no indication the tax returns were filed with the appropriate agencies
    - Two bank statements do not cover a sufficient period of the marriage
    - You submitted a sales contract; however, you did not submit a mortgage or deed showing joint ownership and responsibility.
    .. They go on with a list of documents that they will accept for Good Faith Marriage
    I submitted a homeowners insurance and affidavits which they did accept and I have the deed which I will be sending with my response to RFE.

Two questions for those who have submitted this documentation and not got an RFE:
    - What tax document are they looking for to show that it was filed with the appropriate agencies - I just downloaded my tax return from the online tax preparer and printed it. I mean what else am I supposed to send them?
    - I understand that two bank statements are not enough - that was my mistake. But do I have to send them 4 years worth of bank statements? I don't think the bank even keeps all those records.

Try getting your tax transcripts for the past few years. That would indicate that they had been sent/accepted. IRS lets you access those online.

And, why not send them a statement for every month of the last four years? I mean, it's annoying but they asked for it. If you don't want to do that, I'd suggest 4 bank statements per year at least, for all four years.

DISCLAIMER - These are just suggestions based on a VERY general sense of what they might want. My husband and I sent in our tax returns - not from preparer - (initial I-485 application) in Feb and have not been RFE'd yet but who knows. I want to be helpful, but hopefully others can jump in on this. When I do my taxes I sort of just try to follow instructions and hope no one gets mad at me. So.

But for the bank statements, I would just get as much as you can. There is no harm, unless you are paying per page to print the statements, and even then there is little harm.

Originally posted by icecream43 View Post
    I applied for condition removal I-751 on my conditional green card based on fact that my wife is a US Citizen. I got RFE recently stating that documents I submitted were not sufficient to prove Good Faith Marriage. My wife and I have been married 4 years and we have a son. The items mentioned seem to indicate that they had some technical issues with what I had sent, but they do not give specific details or what was expected:
    - You submitted 2016 tax returns; two bank statements; residential sales contract
    - There is no indication the tax returns were filed with the appropriate agencies
    - Two bank statements do not cover a sufficient period of the marriage
    - You submitted a sales contract; however, you did not submit a mortgage or deed showing joint ownership and responsibility.
    .. They go on with a list of documents that they will accept for Good Faith Marriage
    I submitted a homeowners insurance and affidavits which they did accept and I have the deed which I will be sending with my response to RFE.

Two questions for those who have submitted this documentation and not got an RFE:
    - What tax document are they looking for to show that it was filed with the appropriate agencies - I just downloaded my tax return from the online tax preparer and printed it. I mean what else am I supposed to send them?
    - I understand that two bank statements are not enough - that was my mistake. But do I have to send them 4 years worth of bank statements? I don't think the bank even keeps all those records.
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X