Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application for parents rejected, do I resend the application with correction as is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for parents rejected, do I resend the application with correction as is?

My parents GC application got rejected . We had submitted the entire package; including the check for the I-130 ($535) and the I-485 ($1,140). we did not know to include the $85 biometric fee. It was rejected because of this. I have a few questions:

1) Do I send everything back untouched with new checks of correct amount of fee? The forms are randomly stapled and passport pictures are missing.Or should I make a fresh packet? The documents in the returned packet have some stuff printed at the bottom and some random markings.

2) Should I write out a new check for $1,225 (for form I-485) or add an additional check for $85? (They stamped both my original checks)

3) Should i get fresh passport pictures?

Anyone else go through this?

Thanks in advance!

Application initially rejected for parents...

Hey there - Yes, the application form was not very clear in sending the bio metric fee. I had the same issue happen and sent it back (additional check) with all other documents as is. Make sure you also attach the notice they sent to you (green or red colored) along with it. They will accept the fee and put it back in queue for processing. Good luck!

Comment

California Marriage Based Greencard Timeline (so far...)

​Our processing timeline has been the following:

Feb 26 2018:Sent Applications ?I-765, I-485, I-130 & I-131? to USCIS.
      March 16: USCIS received our applications.
      March 26: Received Biometric appointment notice.
      April 4: Biometric appointment.
      April 5: RFI for form I-130A (Our wonderful lawyer forgot to send this form).
      April 15: Sent RFI I-130A form back to USCIS.
      May 24: We requested an update from USCIS since the website says I they have been scheduling our interview since April 24th.
      July 30: Received EAD card with I-130 approval on it.
      October 2nd: Still waiting for USCIS to schedule an interview, which they have been learning how to do since April 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by incredibleexperience View Post
        Hey there - Yes, the application form was not very clear in sending the bio metric fee. I had the same issue happen and sent it back (additional check) with all other documents as is. Make sure you also attach the notice they sent to you (green or red colored) along with it. They will accept the fee and put it back in queue for processing. Good luck!
        I had my case rejected because of payment as well. We wrote 3 checks, and they only cashed 2 (for biometrics and I-130). We did not receive any colored paper with our package. the rejection notice said I have to submit a new application. I am so confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by bindaasrui View Post
        My parents GC application got rejected . We had submitted the entire package; including the check for the I-130 ($535) and the I-485 ($1,140). we did not know to include the $85 biometric fee. It was rejected because of this. I have a few questions:

1) Do I send everything back untouched with new checks of correct amount of fee? The forms are randomly stapled and passport pictures are missing.Or should I make a fresh packet? The documents in the returned packet have some stuff printed at the bottom and some random markings.

2) Should I write out a new check for $1,225 (for form I-485) or add an additional check for $85? (They stamped both my original checks)

Thanks in advance!
        Hi! How did you fix the issue? did it work?
        I got my case rejected because of payment as well. They refunded me the $85 for biometrics. The I-130 was not returned. And the money order for the I-485 was never cashed and not returned either.
        I have the exact question than you.
        I would appreciate if you replied.
        TIA
        Salt Lake City-UT
        07/24/18- Documents received
        11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
        12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
        12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
        01/14- Credit Card was charged
        01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
        01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
        01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
        01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
        02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
        07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
        08/31-EAD in hands
        10/22- Interview (approved)

Comment

Originally posted by bindaasrui View Post

Thanks in advance!
          Hi,
          Same thing happened to my mothers application. I did not know that i had to add the biometrics fee for form I-485. The application packet was rejected and all the documents returned unorganized with markings at the bottom. I re-read the instructions for I-485 and somewhere buried in the text was that biometric fees are mandatory and that the application will get instantly rejected if that fee is not included.

I re-organized the same packet and added anything that was missing, for example, i included the biometrics check along with the checks that were returned. If your original checks are stamped then write new checks.

Make sure your packet is complete before you send it. If the pictures are missing then get new passport pictures. If any document that was in the original packet is missing than add that too.

Second time the application was accepted and within a few months her application was approved.

Don't sweat it just follow the instructions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X