Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 130 for parents

Hello members need some information for i130 for Parents
    Q 1 .do I have to send Notarized Copy of parents birthday and Marriage certificate OR just PHOTO COPY is enough
    do I have to Notarized all documents from sponsor like proof of citizenship + sponsor birth certificate OR JUST COPY IS REQUIRED
    WHAT IS THE REQURIEMENTS NOTARIZED COPIES OR JUST COPIES

Q 2 I know I need 2 separate I 130 with all required documents Can I mail both petitions in ONE envelope.
    THANKS

Originally posted by sameeraaa View Post
    Q 1 .do I have to send Notarized Copy of parents birthday and Marriage certificate OR just PHOTO COPY is enough
    do I have to Notarized all documents from sponsor like proof of citizenship + sponsor birth certificate OR JUST COPY IS REQUIRED

Q 2 I know I need 2 separate I 130 with all required documents Can I mail both petitions in ONE envelope.
    THANKS
    It costs less than $5 dollars at UPS to get documents notarized. Send best evidence. This is not the time to cut corners. How important is their I-130 to you?

My mother had her interview waived. Got her greencard in the mail. We sent best evidence of everything.

Comment

You need to send a regular photocopy of a certified copy. The original certified copy you present at the interview if asked. In the US, when you get a certificate like a birth certificate or marriage certificate, it is already a certified copy by the issuing agency. "Notarizing" it is not useful as you will present the original at the interview anyway.

It probably doesn't make a difference but since they are independent applications, mailing them separately reduces the chance they will confuse it with one application.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

thanks for reply
        IS THERE ANY THING MISSING PLEASE ADVICE
        Sending application with all there documents details ..
        Consular process based Application .
        Sponsor side documents
        1. I 130 complete and singed
        2. 535 fee
        3.copy PROOF of Citizenship
        4. copy of birth certificate with both parents name showing
        Applicant side documents
        1. Copy of father Birth Certificate ( DO I HAVE TO SEND APPLICANT LIKE PARENTS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AS WELL )
        2. Copy of Marriage Certificate
        3. Copy of Passport
        PLEASE ADVICE
        Last edited by sameeraaa; 08-18-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Parent GC

thanks for reply
          IS THERE ANY THING MISSING PLEASE ADVICE
          Sending application with all there documents details ..
          Consular process based Application .
          Sponsor side documents
          1. I 130 complete and singed
          2. 535 fee
          3.copy PROOF of Citizenship
          4. copy of birth certificate with both parents name showing
          Applicant side documents
          1. Copy of father Birth Certificate ( DO I HAVE TO SEND APPLICANT LIKE PARENTS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AS WELL )
          2. Copy of Marriage Certificate
          3. Copy of Passport
          PLEASE ADVICE
          Hi, The i130 instructions do not require the passport copy of Applicant/beneficiary (i.e. father or mother) . AM i missing something. From what i understand the copy of father/mother passport is not required with the i130 filing. did u still send it in. would appreciate a response. thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X