Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC for Parents (filed by US citizen daughter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC for Parents (filed by US citizen daughter)

Hello Everyone,

First want to give my thanks to all who respond and try their best to help . my q-

DO I (daughter ) need to submit my marriage certificate since i had my maiden name changed to my married name , while filing for my parents GC ? AM a bit confused because in the form filing instructions (for I 130) it says that -

"What if a name has changed?

If either you or the person you are filing for is using a name that is not the same name shown on the relevant
    documents, you must file your petition with copies of the legal documents reflecting the name change, such as a
    marriage certificate, adoption decree, or court order."

any input is very much appreciated. thank you.

Originally posted by Vayu30 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

First want to give my thanks to all who respond and try their best to help . my q-

DO I (daughter ) need to submit my marriage certificate since i had my maiden name changed to my married name , while filing for my parents GC ? AM a bit confused because in the form filing instructions (for I 130) it says that -

"What if a name has changed?

If either you or the person you are filing for is using a name that is not the same name shown on the relevant
    documents, you must file your petition with copies of the legal documents reflecting the name change, such as a
    marriage certificate, adoption decree, or court order."

any input is very much appreciated. thank you.
    Yes, you need evidence of legal name change because your current name is not the same as the name on your birth certificate, and your birth certificate is what proves your relationship to your parents.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Marriage certificate vs Marriage License

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Yes, you need evidence of legal name change because your current name is not the same as the name on your birth certificate, and your birth certificate is what proves your relationship to your parents.
      Thanks so much for your response. Can i send in the Marriage License instead of the Marriage Certificate (both obtained in the US ) ? i cant seem to confirm that whether the certificate has the official seal or not. the license has everything- the official seal along with the declaration by the judge who officiated the civil ceremony, witness signatures etc. Silly of me to not notice this earlier. thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X