Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I765 RENEWAL QUESTION ON fORM - Urgent

Hi

I am trying to fill in the i765 form ( newer version) for renewal.

1. What should I fill in "Eligibility category" Who May file form I765 -> I cannot figure out the option. The form is for my Mom who already has a i765 thats expiring.
    She does not work. And I had applied her EAD as I was filing her i485.

2. If it is c(35) or c(36) for above, she does not have a i140 by an employer.

3. Line # 24 Immigration status of your last arrival .. Should I put C09P which is her category in EAD/AP combined card?
    Line #25 Current immigration status -> Is this same as C09P from the ead/ap renewal card.

Please help
    Thanks
    Good wishes

Originally posted by offerrp View Post
    Hi

I am trying to fill in the i765 form ( newer version) for renewal.

1. What should I fill in "Eligibility category" Who May file form I765 -> I cannot figure out the option. The form is for my Mom who already has a i765 thats expiring.
    She does not work. And I had applied her EAD as I was filing her i485.
    (c)(9)

3. Line # 24 Immigration status of your last arrival .. Should I put C09P which is her category in EAD/AP combined card?
    Line #25 Current immigration status -> Is this same as C09P from the ead/ap renewal card.
    No. This is whatever status it says on her I-94 (i.e. the type of visa she entered on).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      (c)(9)

No. This is whatever status it says on her I-94 (i.e. the type of visa she entered on).
      - She does not have a i94 when she came in. Guess it is because of her AOS status with her pending i485. On her passport it was stamped as
      "Paroled till Jul 2019. Purpose DA/AOS "
      Should I put AOS as her status then?

Thanks again for your time newacct. It is a great help in times of need
      good wishes

Comment

- She does not have a i94 when she came in. Guess it is because of her AOS status with her pending i485. On her passport it was stamped as
        "Paroled till Jul 2019. Purpose DA/AOS "
        Should I put AOS as her status then?

Thanks again for your time newacct. It is a great help in times of need
        good wishes
        I think she can put "Parolee". That question doesn't matter anyway for AOS-based EAD applicants.

Comment

i131 - question on class of admission for AP renewal

I think she can put "Parolee". That question doesn't matter anyway for AOS-based EAD applicants.
          Thanks Newacct.
          in Form i131 Part1 #6 also asks for Class of Admission. The first time I had applied, I put in as "Visitor". Now since this is renewal, what do I put her given that her 485 is in progress.

Thanks & Regards

Comment

Thanks Newacct.
            in Form i131 Part1 #6 also asks for Class of Admission. The first time I had applied, I put in as "Visitor". Now since this is renewal, what do I put her given that her 485 is in progress.

Thanks & Regards
            DA or Parolee should be fine.

Comment

DA or Parolee should be fine.
              Thanks newacct.

in the passport - during her last entry, cbp stamped "Paroled until Jul 2019.Purpose DA/AOS" . cbp said that she will be allowed to leave and get back until Jul 2019 based on her status.
              but AP based on what we have in hand says 'expires nov 2018'.

any ideas?

Comment

Thanks newacct.

in the passport - during her last entry, cbp stamped "Paroled until Jul 2019.Purpose DA/AOS" . cbp said that she will be allowed to leave and get back until Jul 2019 based on her status.
                but AP based on what we have in hand says 'expires nov 2018'.

any ideas?
                The Advance Parole is for entry (kind of like a visa except not a visa), so it allows her to use it to enter before Nov 2018. When she enters on it, she is "paroled" and granted a "period of stay" as a parolee for 1 year, which is kind of like the period of time one is admitted on when one enters on a visa; except that for AOS applicants, this period of stay doesn't matter -- she can stay in the US for as long as AOS is pending no matter if she is in status or not, so she can stay past the 1 year; so basically it doesn't matter if that parolee stamp grants a period of 1 day or 10 years.

When she leaves the US and tries to re-enter, she will again need a valid Advance Parole at the time of entry; and if she does, she will be "paroled" again for 1 year for that next stay. But if she doesn't have a valid Advance Parole, her leaving the US would automatically abandon her AOS.

Comment

The Advance Parole is for entry (kind of like a visa except not a visa), so it allows her to use it to enter before Nov 2018. When she enters on it, she is "paroled" and granted a "period of stay" as a parolee for 1 year, which is kind of like the period of time one is admitted on when one enters on a visa; except that for AOS applicants, this period of stay doesn't matter -- she can stay in the US for as long as AOS is pending no matter if she is in status or not, so she can stay past the 1 year; so basically it doesn't matter if that parolee stamp grants a period of 1 day or 10 years.

When she leaves the US and tries to re-enter, she will again need a valid Advance Parole at the time of entry; and if she does, she will be "paroled" again for 1 year for that next stay. But if she doesn't have a valid Advance Parole, her leaving the US would automatically abandon her AOS.
                  Got it.. finally . Sorry but this helped a great deal. Appreciate the patience and help with time.
                  Regards

Comment

One more question newacct.

I can apply for her AP in a day or two. Receipt should come by 23rd Nov hopefully. If I can spot an available infopass appointment by end of Nov or Dec 1st week, do you think she stands a chance of getting emergency AP? reason is my dad's annual ceremony and on religious grounds she would like to be there where it is performed. Is that a 50% chance or 90% or 100% ? Or is it subjective.

Thanks again

Comment

Infopass appointment without receipt?

mailed i765 on Nov 9 and yet to receive receipt.

Can we go infopass appointment without the receipt ?

Comment

It doesn?t hurt to go. Just keep in mind that you must pay the $575 fee and bring 2 passport phots for an emergency AP if they approve it. You should also bring as much evidence that it is an emergency. Perhaps a letter from the refill is leader stating the importance of a wife being present at the ceremony and already booked plane tickets. I?m not really sure how successful it will be.
                        Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
                        Married: 8/18/17
                        Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
                        I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
                        Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
                        EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
                        EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
                        Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
                        Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
                        Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X