Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i130, illegal spouse, questions

Please Help..

My husband got a traffic ticket and was sent to a detention center. He was released by ICE on a bond. We are trying to fight his removal because we are married.

We sent in i130 and it was received in Feb 2018, we are waiting for a approval or denial. As of now our case is still pending. He has immigration court feb 2019.

Is there anyone who has been in this same situation? I have a few questions.

If approved, how much time do they give you from the time the letter is received until your scheduled appt?
    Is there ANY way for him NOT to have to return to his home country to visit the consult?
    What is the marriage interview with USCIS like?

Originally posted by brittchantel90 View Post
    Please Help..

My husband got a traffic ticket and was sent to a detention center. He was released by ICE on a bond. We are trying to fight his removal because we are married.

We sent in i130 and it was received in Feb 2018, we are waiting for a approval or denial. As of now our case is still pending. He has immigration court feb 2019.

Is there anyone who has been in this same situation? I have a few questions.

If approved, how much time do they give you from the time the letter is received until your scheduled appt?
    Is there ANY way for him NOT to have to return to his home country to visit the consult?
    What is the marriage interview with USCIS like?
    I'm assuming you're a US citizen? Did your husband enter the US legally?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

What about "we are waiting for a approval" instead of approval or denial

You don't know what God can do

Comment

yes i am a US citizen and no he came here when he was 15, he did not come legally.

Comment

Originally posted by brittchantel90 View Post
          yes i am a US citizen and no he came here when he was 15, he did not come legally.
          If he entered illegally he is generally ineligible for AOS, so I am not sure there is any way for him to stay without leaving. Did he ever get DACA?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X