Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-260, even when I am above the CSPA age

Hi,

I would appreciate if you can share your experiences or updates if your case was similar to mine!

The immigration application was filed in 2004 (I was 17), and approval was received in 2010. (my uncle filed for my dad)
    My parents received their DS-260 (in Oct'18) and my name was mentioned, but fee payment wasn't allowed for me.
    I paid the fees for my parents and their DS-260 forms were available to be completed in 3-5 business days, so I filled their forms.
    That time, I also emailed USCIS that due to the processing delays, my age crossed the eligible limit of 21 years and requested them to consider my name in CSPA.
    I received the following response: Thank you for contacting us about your applicant's interest in a visa. To continue with processing, you must submit fees and forms to the NVC. We cannot guarantee that the applicant will qualify for Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) benefits. At the interview, the Consular Officer may find that the applicant is ineligible for a visa. Before you decide if you want to proceed, please go to our website and review the CSPA requirements.

After I received the email, I checked the immigration website and found that my DS-260 payment section was open and asked me to pay the required fees for Ds-260.
    So I just made the payment and now waiting to fill the DS-260 form in another 3-5 business days.

Does that mean that I can appear for the interview with my parents. Any hopes to be considered for the immigrant visa?

Would appreciate some advice!

Thanks.

Same happened to me , did you getvtge visa??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X