Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 864 Question

Hi,

I am present in the USA on a valid H1B visa. My wife is a US citizen. She was in graduate school a few months ago. She recently got a full time job. She has under $5000/year of income in the past 3 years as she was in graduate school. i 864 requires the attachment of income tax returns for the past few years. Since her income was very low in the past few years but now she has sufficient income to sponsor me now. How should I proceed with the form I 864?

Thanks.

Originally posted by mdadilali View Post
    Hi,

I am present in the USA on a valid H1B visa. My wife is a US citizen. She was in graduate school a few months ago. She recently got a full time job. She has under $5000/year of income in the past 3 years as she was in graduate school. i 864 requires the attachment of income tax returns for the past few years. Since her income was very low in the past few years but now she has sufficient income to sponsor me now. How should I proceed with the form I 864?

Thanks.
    What's most important is her income now, not her past income. If her current income (the current salary of her current job) is enough then that's good. Furthermore, your income can be counted in her household income since you are working legally in the US. So it should be more than enough.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X