Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified copy/photocopy/original of marriage certificate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certified copy/photocopy/original of marriage certificate?

I am filing for AoS based on marriage and I'm having trouble finding a clear answer to what to submit for marriage certificate. On the official instructions for forms 130 and 485, it is asked to submit a "copy of marriage certificate". After you got married, you received a "License and Certificate of Marriage" on a a nice, blue-ish paper. I even ordered two of those ahead of time, in case one gets lost at some point.

Do I mail this blue, original certificate along with my application, do I make a photocopy (scan and print) and mail that, or is there a way of obtaining a "Certified Copy", which I'm guessing would be signed by clerk and have a "certified copy" in a name?

I'm confused as some people mail the original certificate, some mail the photocopy, and others call it a certified copy, so I don't know anymore which is which and what to mail. Please help me out :<

Thank you!

Copy of marriage certificate is just that. I have a notarized marriage certificate with certified translation because mine is in a foreign language. For the I-130, i just sent in a copy of it without any further certifications/notarization.

Comment

Don't mail originals!!! They will not give them back. If you have several "originals" and one to spare, OK but they do not require originals until the interview (and those are just to look).
      2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
      4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
      4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
      4/19: Request to expedite EAD
      5/11: Received EAD
      6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
      8/09: Advance Parole approved
      8/29: Scheduled for Interview
      10/11: Interview
      10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
      10/16: Sent new G28
      10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X