Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130/485 with no COS/EOS/AOS stamping

Hi,

My mom has a 10 year visitors visa to the US. She stayed with me for 10 months on her prior visit to the US as I was going through a tough family situation. When she came back to visit me (with a gap of about 5 months after her prior departure), at the port of entry, the immigration officer wrote No COS/EOS/AOS on her I-94 and passport where the entry seal is made. She was given a six month stay this time.

I am a US citizen and I am currently going through a very tough family situation. I would like to process the Green Card for my mom.

When I called the Customer Service Number of USCIS, they said that I can still apply for her AOS as long she has a valid visa and entered the country on a valid visa. I spoke with an immigration attorney who said that if I wait for about 90 days after her entry, I could file concurrently.

1. Could the experts on this forum help me out with the risk level of doing an AOS for the parent of a US citizen with the no COS/EOS/AOS stamping.

2. What are the risks if her I-485 is rejected?

3. Also what is the timeframe for Consular Processing - Chennai consulate ( from the time of filing I130 till she gets the green card) (For consular processing, I was told to file the I-130 without any delay like waiting the 90 days)

4. Could I file concurrently after waiting for 90 days of her entry on a B2 or can I file I-130 separately and then after 90 days file the I-485? Would I be able to file the I-130 separately with Consular Processing listed on it and then change (if needed to AOS)? Is this adviceable and would it cause any delays or would I be better off waiting for 90 days and filing concurrently? If filing separately, what documents(like I864, 325 etc) need to be filed with I-130 and what needs to be filed with I485 application?

5. If I am not decided to proceed the consular processing route or AOS, could I leave it blank in the I-130?

6. Also, my mom does not have a birth certificate. I understand we need to get a non availability certificate. Is it mandatory or would a secondary evidence like a school leaving cert and one or two affidavits be enough?

7. My birth certificate has my mom's name listed but has a spelling error on the certificate for my mom's name. Should I write a separate letter to explain it?

8. Lastly, would I be able to process the petition of my own or would I be better off having an attorney do it?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with my situation.

Originally posted by bunny75
    Hi,

My mom has a 10 year visitors visa to the US. She stayed with me for 10 months on her prior visit to the US as I was going through a tough family situation. When she came back to visit me (with a gap of about 5 months after her prior departure), at the port of entry, the immigration officer wrote No COS/EOS/AOS on her I-94 and passport where the entry seal is made. She was given a six month stay this time.

I am a US citizen and I am currently going through a very tough family situation. I would like to process the Green Card for my mom.

When I called the Customer Service Number of USCIS, they said that I can still apply for her AOS as long she has a valid visa and entered the country on a valid visa. I spoke with an immigration attorney who said that if I wait for about 90 days after her entry, I could file concurrently.

1. Could the experts on this forum help me out with the risk level of doing an AOS for the parent of a US citizen with the no COS/EOS/AOS stamping.

2. What are the risks if her I-485 is rejected?

3. Also what is the timeframe for Consular Processing - Chennai consulate ( from the time of filing I130 till she gets the green card) (For consular processing, I was told to file the I-130 without any delay like waiting the 90 days)

4. Could I file concurrently after waiting for 90 days of her entry on a B2 or can I file I-130 separately and then after 90 days file the I-485? Would I be able to file the I-130 separately with Consular Processing listed on it and then change (if needed to AOS)? Is this adviceable and would it cause any delays or would I be better off waiting for 90 days and filing concurrently? If filing separately, what documents(like I864, 325 etc) need to be filed with I-130 and what needs to be filed with I485 application?

5. If I am not decided to proceed the consular processing route or AOS, could I leave it blank in the I-130?

6. Also, my mom does not have a birth certificate. I understand we need to get a non availability certificate. Is it mandatory or would a secondary evidence like a school leaving cert and one or two affidavits be enough?

7. My birth certificate has my mom's name listed but has a spelling error on the certificate for my mom's name. Should I write a separate letter to explain it?

8. Lastly, would I be able to process the petition of my own or would I be better off having an attorney do it?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with my situation.

I ahve nver heard of that endorsement but it seems clear to me that she is forbidden from changing (COS), extending (EOS) or adjusting (AOS) her status while on her BVisa. I wouldnt chance it and would file the GC and seek consualr processing. She will ahve to submit a copy of her I-94 and visa here and Im sure the office rmade a notation..........I think he beieved, probably based on what she said, that she had a preconceined intent to remain in the US. I dont see how USCIS would ignore that notation and allow her to adjust sttaus.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X