X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130/I-485 Interview Preparation

Important Dates:

12/17/06 - Marriage to US Citizen spouse
    01/23/07 - Application Pack (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131) Sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
    01/25/07 - Receipt Date from USCIS for all 4 applications
    01/29/07 - Notice Date for all 4 applications
    02/01/07 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date
    02/15/07 - Biometrics Taken at Gardena, CA ASC
    02/14/07 - Notice Date for I-485 Initial Interview!!!
    04/03/07 - Scheduled interview at Los Angeles District Office

I'm posting so that I may be of mutual support to everyone who has been participating in the forums for this brilliant website..

Basically, here's my story...

I entered the country back in 3rd week of September as a B1-B2 visitor but was only given 90 days max stay in my I-94. I was here to visit friends and family and my US citizen girlfriend whose birthday is Oct 18.. There was really no intention for me to stay here and get married, but we decided to as a Christmas gift to each other and celebrate our love..

Through extensive research, and to save money for lawyer fees, we were able to submit the application pack with all the requirements. Hassle-free and no RFE's, I'm really surprised (pleasantly) to receive an interview date well ahead of what I'm expecting..However, I'm stressing now as the mammoth checklist that I received includes evidences of relationship/cohabitation documents/joint documents..

Here are our concerns:
    1. Me not having an SSN yet, we could not open a joint bank account as it is a requirement. Also, does anyone know if this is the same case for insurances? As my wife is saying I may not be able to be included as her beneficiary because of this? Would she be able to make me also as a co-owner of her SUV?
    2. We live at my aunt's apartment and the lease is solely under her name, as the landlord will definitely increase the rent if we would be included. All utility bills are under her name. Would it be a good idea if she'll give us a notarized affidavit that states our circumstances,i.e. that we live with her and she pays the rent and all the bills?
    3. Only 2 months in the marriage, we don't have much letters yet addressed to both of us, but we are already asking friends to send us letters. I am also thinking of requesting a notarized statement from a few close friends that they know us personally and that we do live as a married couple and that the marriage is in good health..
    4. This is the most crucial..my wife and I have a 15-year age gap, but doesn't really show!!!she's a hot mama and she just simply can't resist my boyish charms!lol we're just like any other normal couple who love each other...
    5. Would you suggest that we hire a lawyer, and if yes, how much would be the fee for the consultation, and for the fee when he would accompany us to the interview?
    6. I'm not very sure, but will I still receive an EAD prior to the interview? Cause this will facilitate my application for an SSN..however, given this tight timeframe, will it be able to be released in time for me to be included as my wife's beneficiary in her auto/life insurances, and to open a joint bank account..
    7. My wife has not filed for her 2006 income tax return yet as we are optimistic in having my SSN before the cut-off date, and we could file a joint return, but do you think it's better for her to file now, but then again, she could not include me as i don't have an SSN yet..is this the case?or can I be included eventhough I don't have one..

So guys, please do help me in this very stressful situation we're in now...nearly a month to go for some anxiety...really, I can't eat and already losing some weight!!Your words of wisdom, prayers, suggestions and comments will be much highly appreciated!!!Guys on the process of preparing to submit their I-130/I-485 packs, I'm willing to share some tips..

God Bless everyone!!

I-130/I-485 Interview preparation

Hey There

1) I hope I can help you a bit. One can open a joint account at the bank because my wife and I did a while back and I don’t have a SSN. Actually I am still waiting for SSN for about 2 months.
    2) You guys can get joint car insurance, but because you don’t have a 3 year driving record in the U.S it will be expensive. That what the insurance company tells me when I complain about the premium.
    3) She also can make you co-owner of her SUV we did that also a while back.

I hope that this would help.

Comment

thanks a lot mike, but i do have follow-up questions still..
      Originally posted by Mike007
      Hey There

1) I hope I can help you a bit. One can open a joint account at the bank because my wife and I did a while back and I don’t have a SSN. Actually I am still waiting for SSN for about 2 months.
      - is your bank, Bank of America?Cause BoA is my wife's bank and that's the only bank she would want to open an account..

2) You guys can get joint car insurance, but because you don’t have a 3 year driving record in the U.S it will be expensive. That what the insurance company tells me when I complain about the premium.
      - what are the requirements for doing it and how much does it cost?also what is your insurance company?
      3) She also can make you co-owner of her SUV we did that also a while back.
      - again, what are the procedures involved, and how much is the fee, and what is the timeframe for having it done?

I hope that this would help.
      appreciate your help bro...

Comment

Dear Hey:

The link below will be very helpful to you. I beleive the guy is new like you and didn't have the documentations you listed on your post. I have sent you the link below. I would also like to ask you some info if you do not mind since i am scheduled for the I-130 interview and biometrics in a few weeks. But first read this link i sent you and try to aswer my questions below it.

Unlike you, i have a SSN That required INS authorization. But the EAD i had was expired and couldn't renew it since i am in removal proceeding (Asylum). My case is pending, but i was able to open bank acounts and insurance documents with my wife which was quite helpful. Please let me know your experience if you already have an interview for either I-130 or I-485. and also, you said your biometrics is already taken. did they issue you work authorization right away or do you have to wait more time?

I would advice you to get a lawyer for your case who are familiar in the case so that they can direct you on how to provide necessary docs.

Thanks and good luck with your interview.

Comment

no ead

hi ya

thanks for the help..

i havent got my ead yet, i believe if uscis has granted you an interview date within 90 days of filing, you willl no l**** receive an ead, and ap for that matter..my interview is on april 03 and im well preparing for it..will definitely post my experience once done..

Originally posted by bona_fide
          Dear Hey:

The link below will be very helpful to you. I beleive the guy is new like you and didn't have the documentations you listed on your post. I have sent you the link below. I would also like to ask you some info if you do not mind since i am scheduled for the I-130 interview and biometrics in a few weeks. But first read this link i sent you and try to aswer my questions below it.

Unlike you, i have a SSN That required INS authorization. But the EAD i had was expired and couldn't renew it since i am in removal proceeding (Asylum). My case is pending, but i was able to open bank acounts and insurance documents with my wife which was quite helpful. Please let me know your experience if you already have an interview for either I-130 or I-485. and also, you said your biometrics is already taken. did they issue you work authorization right away or do you have to wait more time?

I would advice you to get a lawyer for your case who are familiar in the case so that they can direct you on how to provide necessary docs.

Thanks and good luck with your interview.

Comment

How did it go?

Hello,

I was wondering how it went with your interview? and if you could give me an insight as to what to expect...I have my interview in 20 days!!!! and like you were, I am a nerve wreck...I feel in my heart all will go well, but I know all you understand me when I say that all this process is very stressful
            So it would make a world of difference if I could get some info as to what to expect

Thank you and I hope all went well with your interview God bless

Comment

approved gc!

i got approved!

got a separate post entitled marriage based aos approved at la do..you may want to check it..

Comment

Really need some Help Too!

I have the same sort of issue, but the difference is that my husband lives in the bahamas and plans to live there until 2009. We got married in Feb when he was visiting here, it was not planned but we just decided to do it for Valentines. Can I still file the I-130 form and start working on his green card status. Also, will he be able to continue to use his travel visa to come here. We try to see each other every month; if there is another visa he need to have please let me know

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X