Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family 4th category question

Guys,

I just have simple question I had applied for my brother and sister in 2000 .Only I have issue that my sister have two kids one older daugher about 18 years old and 16 years old son I just want to know if Visa issued for my sister in 2012 Is it possible thier daughter can come to US? if she is unmarried OR What is next procedure for them? Please let me know

Thanks in advance

hi neil by the time your petition gets current the children wud have crossed the agelimit of 21years and thus they wud be barred from joining their parents (your bros n sis).
    What they can do is, once they get their green card they can file for their children in either of their categories of married or unmarried children of US gc holders...but still these children wud take another 5 years for them to recieve the green card ie total waiting period wud be 12 yrs + 5 yrs = 17 yrs.

Regards
    Anand

Originally posted by Neil_2004
    Guys,

I just have simple question I had applied for my brother and sister in 2000 .Only I have issue that my sister have two kids one older daugher about 18 years old and 16 years old son I just want to know if Visa issued for my sister in 2012 Is it possible thier daughter can come to US? if she is unmarried OR What is next procedure for them? Please let me know

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by mehta_agm
      hi neil by the time your petition gets current the children wud have crossed the agelimit of 21years and thus they wud be barred from joining their parents (your bros n sis).
      What they can do is, once they get their green card they can file for their children in either of their categories of married or unmarried children of US gc holders...but still these children wud take another 5 years for them to recieve the green card ie total waiting period wud be 12 yrs + 5 yrs = 17 yrs.

Regards
      Anand
      Thanks Anand

I just have quick question what would be category number if my sister have to apply for thier unmarried kids

Comment

hi Neil
        It wud be F2b category...

Anand

Originally posted by Neil_2004
        Thanks Anand

I just have quick question what would be category number if my sister have to apply for thier unmarried kids

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X