Sposoring GC for my mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sposoring GC for my mom

I just became a US citizen. My mom is here on a B2 visa. i would like to sponsor her GC. Does she have to return to India to attend the interview and collect her GC? What is the process/forms required to file her GC. Do I need her birth certificate and mine as well?

Thanks

You can sponsor your mom and no she would not have to go back to India, although since she is here on B2 (tourist visa) make sure that you have proof (although you do not have to submit it anywhere at this time) showing that she intended to return home when she was arriving here (e.g., ticket back...)

Comment

Hum! So far wherever I have read about it, no where I saw this being mentioned. Can you tell why is that (keeping proof of return) important given that she is applying for permanent residency?

Comment

Because she can be accussed of committing fraud when she entered here, since when coming on B2 she is not allowed to have an intent to immigrate and when officer would be looking at the case it might look a bit scatchy, therefore better be safe and sorry and should this subject come up (if ever, it might now even come up - defends on the officer) be able to show that when she entered the country she did have intent to return home

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X